Grayboe

DMack

So I just purchawed a Grayboe Phoenix II without ever holding one. Don't normally like to do that but they have a 25% off sale this weekend and McMillan won't inlet a stock for the Solus action.

Tell me what you think of them. Can I drop this barreld action straight in and shoot?

I thought the Solus action was a Rem 700 footprint?
So did I. McMillan doesn't agree.
Designed to fit into chassis style block apparently. I would order a manners with a mini chassis but they are twic ethe cost and twice the wait...

Grayboe lists the Solus specifically so I am assuming it will fit their's. Just don't know if it needs to be bedded and if that will cause issue...

I guess the Solus has a trigger hanger that might hang below the 1.35" diameter of a Rem 700 footprint?

I guess the Solus has a trigger hanger that might hang below the 1.35" diameter of a Rem 700 footprint?
Dunno

The issue McMillan had was the shape of the receiver. Told me that to bed the action would lock it into the stock.

How did the grayboe work, fyi i had a Grayboe renegade and decided to mod it to fit my Solus action but the Bolt release and trigger hanger were issues i had to resolve, as well as action screw hight.
Please let me know how the Graybow stock inleted for Solus worked, much appreciated.

How did the grayboe work, fyi i had a Grayboe renegade and decided to mod it to fit my Solus action but the Bolt release and trigger hanger were issues i had to resolve, as well as action screw hight.
Please let me know how the Graybow stock inleted for Solus worked, much appreciated.
I can't speak for the Solus, however I ordered a Terrain for a R700 + Bartlein #3 and it was absolutely turn-key.
Dropped right with all super clean margins.
Their GAP splash camo was better than what GAP does.

IME, Grayboe has top of the top shelf customer service.
I had a couple of "special requests" and they cheerfully integrated those into my work order.
If you communicate what exactly you are trying fit, they will take care of you.

Solus fits the Greyboe well. I torqued it to 50 pounds and started shooting. Did not bed it.

Rifle is pretty reliable half minute gun.

I had not dealt with Greyboe before, but I am a big fan now. Customer service is great too.

Just a follow up. This rifle wants to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_1766.JPEG
    IMG_1766.JPEG
    240.8 KB · Views: 16
Zero complaints here. I've been using them for a couple years now and find them to be a great company that offers exactly what I want in a stock. I've tried them all but grayboe is top shelf in my opinion. On the heavy side but I'll live with the weight when the stock feels strong enough to beat down a door with.