Grayboe VS Bell & Carlson?

B&C VS Grayboe

• B&C

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Grayboe

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
The Weatherby style medalist I bought for my semi custom Howa several years back was almost flawless. There was a little ding in the notch for the bolt handle. It didn't bother that much cuz when the bolt was closed, I couldn't see it.
I've tried the detachable mags in many occasions and always seem to come back to my preferred hinges floorplate options, sooner or later.
This is all great information 👍👍

The Weatherby style medalist I bought for my semi custom Howa several years back was almost flawless. There was a little ding in the notch for the bolt handle. It didn't bother that much cuz when the bolt was closed, I couldn't see it.
I've tried the detachable mags in many occasions and always seem to come back to my preferred hinges floorplate options, sooner or later.
I tried sending you a message for the Saint Victor 350 Legend through the post, but I was unable. Do you still have it available? You can reply privately. I was just trying to reach out to you and I found you on this post.

M40 style, meaning the Terrain?
That's the other option I'm considering, just not sure on comb height and weight with it compared to the Outlander.
Yes it would be the terrain. It does have a high comb. I find it very comfortable.

What size tube and objective do you typically prefer on your optics?

I usually run seekins 30mm low rings. My EH-1 has .35 drop and is about perfect. The terrain has .410 and is straight front to back, outlander is .73 at the front and goes down as it goes back. The weight on it is so tempting though.

I have a terrain on my Bergara 300prc. It's nice. It's sturdy but light, balances well, and the recoil pad is firm but cushiony and effective for the 245s I'm shooting at 2900fps. I am using a 20moa rail with medium height vortex rings. The cheek comb is high *enough*, but I found that it was too narrow/sharp. I installed a matthews kydex cheek rest on it and am much happier with the width and slight height gain.

My only standing complaint currently is the grip area not having enough swell/meat. If you wrap your firing hand thumb over the top of the stock it's great. If firing grip is thumb on same side the surface area is too small for my preference; when I compared to an AG composite stock. I have shmedium size hands. I imagine it would be more magnified for those with medium/large mitts.

However, keep in mind the price. It's a great value especially if you buy one on sale. I purchased a standard R700 M5 inlet in black color from Redhawk on a Halloween flash sale in 2020, only $250. I did have to free float the barrel channel. After that and a sponge paint job I'm quite pleased. Pictured before I installed cheek rest. I may try to incorporate a palm swell at some point.

I have used a bell and carlson for many years on a Ruger M77 mkII. It has a slightly thicker grip which I prefer over this Grayboe. It is a heavier stock in weight.

1620224754711.png

I have a terrain on my Bergara 300prc. It's nice. It's sturdy but light, balances well, and the recoil pad is firm but cushiony and effective for the 245s I'm shooting at 2900fps. I am using a 20moa rail with medium height vortex rings. The cheek comb is high *enough*, but I found that it was too narrow/sharp. I installed a matthews kydex cheek rest on it and am much happier with the width and slight height gain.

My only standing complaint currently is the grip area not having enough swell/meat. If you wrap your firing hand thumb over the top of the stock it's great. If firing grip is thumb on same side the surface area is too small for my preference; when I compared to an AG composite stock. I have shmedium size hands. I imagine it would be more magnified for those with medium/large mitts.

However, keep in mind the price. It's a great value especially if you buy one on sale. I purchased a standard R700 M5 inlet in black color from Redhawk on a Halloween flash sale in 2020, only $250. I did have to free float the barrel channel. After that and a sponge paint job I'm quite pleased. Pictured before I installed cheek rest. I may try to incorporate a palm swell at some point.

I have used a bell and carlson for many years on a Ruger M77 mkII. It has a slightly thicker grip which I prefer over this Grayboe. It is a heavier stock in weight.

View attachment 272331
More great info, especially with the added photo. Looks like I'll have no issue with comb height with my preference for 40mm objectives, and the low Talley LWs.

I put the same B&C 'Weatherby Style" stock on my Howa 1500 6.5C for shooting silhouette matches. I did shoot a match and the stock felt ok, I did have to sandpaper out out the fore end to get it free floated. The Howa was not that accurate so I had a custom built on the Grayboe Terrain. The Grayboe, Defiance & Brux rifle I had built shoots great and feels fine. BTW after epoxy bedding the Howa rifle into the B&C stock I got it shooting a little better. Grayboe is a touch lighter, has pillars and you get flush cups. Either will be fine, big point is which fits you-fells the best in hand.

Shopping for a new stock and am specifically interested in the light Grayboe Outlander option and the B&C Alaskan Ti.
I've used B&C's stocks on other rifles I've owned in the past and thought they worked fine for the money I paid. I'm just curious if the Grayboe offers anything more in build quality or handling, having never owned one of their products. I have owned a few McMillans, which is part of why I'm curious.
They're priced close enough I feel the comparison is close to fair.
Thanks in advance.
Check out Mesa Precision in Grand Junction Colorado. They make a great light weight stock

Another vote for Grayboe. I used to hunt with two guys who had B&C stocks on their hunting rifles. Both required additional work besides bedding and this was for standard M700 BDLs.

I am rebuilding a 40 year old M700 currently and bought a Terrain and Greyboe's BDL metal for it. I upgraded to the adjustable cheekpiece as I have gotten very picky about eye position in the last couple of years. It's in its shipping box currently as the barreled action is about to go to the gunsmith for some work but I can pull it out tonight and take some pics of you want?

Also, I second Ryan at Greyboe being awesome. This is actually my second stock. The first arrived with an issue related to the adjustable cheekpiece that slipped past QC (it happens). Ryan got it shipped back and a new stock built (with some free upgrades) and shipped to me.

Very happy with the result.