Grayboe Ridgeback Left hand

oldno7

Anyone have one of these?
I just received mine that I ordered on Jan. 31.(quick turnaround)
Here is the picture that Redhawk rifles has on their site.(who I ordered from)

LH-Webbed_Colors_Main__78539.1551902721.png

https://redhawkrifles.com/stocks/grayboe/stocks/

Mine has the cheek piece adjustment on the right, or cheek side for a left hand shooter, not like pictured here.
I called Redhawk and was informed the pictures on the website are wrong, the cheekpiece adjustment is on the cheek side.
I also called and left a message with Grayboe(waiting for return call or email)
Redhawk after saying thats the way it is and offered a refund, my action will be here next week and it's the last part I need, so refund and wait on a different stock is not a great option.
Redhawk did tell me I can remove the cheek adjustment knob and use a provided allen screw.

Bottom line--I guess, is if you order a left hand Grayboe Ridgeback, these pictures are not representative of actual product.
I'll build on it, as I'm in need of completing this build,in May.
Everything else about the stock looks top notch.

Attachments

• 0430191118.jpg
    0430191118.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 0430191119.jpg
    0430191119.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Email response from Grayboe:

Hello,

For left handed shooters we provide a low profile and flush adjustment screw to be used in place of the bolt handle knob so it doesn't come into contact with your face of LH shooters.

Best Regards,

Ryan Melancon

Customer support & Sales Mgr

Thanks man!
How does the grip feel in your hand?
Between the riser screw and the palm swell I would not really call that a left hand stock. It does not appear to me that they are taking LH shooters seriously or they just have poor customer service. There are a ton of options, personally I would be sending that back and getting something else.

Just a follow up, so as everyone knows, Grayboe followed up.

Hi Kurt,
Thank you for reaching out to us about your concerns. After seeing your email, it was clear how you could have felt mislead by the image on Red Hawk's website. I have already contacted Red Hawk to discuss this matter. They just reflected the image to give the customer a visual the left hand model, however, they overlooked that a true reflection of the image did not represent exactly what you would be getting in our left hand models. The stock is from the same mold we produce our right handed stocks, just inlet for a left hand action, which means that the cheekpiece orientation would still be on the right hand side. To compensate for that, we do provide a low profile knob for left hand shooters so that the knob does not interfere with your cheek weld.

I do apologize for the confusion and we have already identified and fixed our mistake. Let me know if there any other concerns you have.

Cheers,

Ryan McMillan
Owner, Grayboe LLC
grayboe.com
facebook.com/grayboe
instagram.com/grayboe

The link I have above, they have removed the Left hand Ridgeback photo's on Red Hawk's site.
I think these are a group of fine guys and a simple, honest mistake was made.
The purpose of this post was to let other southpaws, who might be in the same boat, know about a discrepancy, never to disparage Ryan and his company.
The confusing pictures have been removed and I will build on the Grayboe stock I received.
As I told Ryan, in my email, I wish I had known then what I know now.
But I am confident this 28Nosler build will be great.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts