GPS Map over lay help

BriggsRi

I have a Garmin 60CSx and I really like it, but the internal maps do no show topo details.

I purchased the New Mexico Land State Topo / BLM maps and this will allow me to over lay my way points / trips on my GPS unit, but how do I down load this info to my computer to review in full detail? When I down load my trip information it's based on the internal Garmin maps info with out the topo map / chip info.

Basically, I want to overlay my trip info over the topo maps and have this down loaded to my computer for later review / hunt planning.

Thanks,

Rick

I did not purchase the the Garmin MapSource program. All I have is the basic GPS unit and the NM topo BLM chip.

Sounds like I'm going to have to drop another $100 and pick up the Garmin MapSource program as well.

Yes, you can download Basecamp for Free (Garmin's new version of MapSource). But it will only come with a Global Basemap like the one that came with your GPS (only main highways and cities - no topo)

You will need our download version of the New Mexico map, which you are welcome to use for Free on the computer. Just PM me your email address and name and I will set you up in our download system

OK, your account has been created.

Use this unlock code to unlock the map for use only on your computer:
J97P6-A2PT8-SRNSM-YUSCZ-F3U7H

Ok, I just spent 1 hr down loading the map info and followed the install instructions - opened up the map source program and it is asking for the unlock code. The program will not allow me to enter the code when I click on install button, I just get a re-install message.

I must be missing something or do I just need to re-install the program?

Thanks,

Are you using BaseCamp software from Garmin or MapSource? Sounds like you may need to update your MapSource.

Call me and we can trouble shoot - number is on our website

Not sure what you mean by the install button - you need to click on the 'Add' button to unlock the map

Last edited:
GPSmaps,

Thanks, I'm up and running 100%

Now where is the button / application that tells me where all of the Deer, Elk, & big cats are hiding :D

Thanks, again!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.