Got my begginner gun built.

Mitch Rapp

Finally got it in, and put together. I have right at $1300 into this build and am really happy with it. How'd I do?

Rifle is a Savage 10FCP 5R with a 20 inch barrel, the scope is a Vortex PST 4-16 with MOA reticle.

Have some Hornady 178 BTHPs to figure out a load on, and a bunch of 168 BTHPs to practice with. It's really light for what it is, will be adding a bipod, but right now it's about 10 pounds. Not bad at all, since I normally hunt with an M1 Garand

Mitch Rapp

I'm just curious, why not a verticle grip stock. Target shooting is something I'm pretty ignorant on. But I'm beginning to learn.
Well, that's what it came with mainly. Not sure what I will go with when I replace the stock, but gonna just shoot it as is for now. I figure my money is better spent on ammo and range time rather than getting new stuff, until I feel limited by the equipment I guess.

And, while I plan to shoot matches, hunting is the purpose for the gun. Matches are simply a way to learn. So in the end it will be optimized for hunting, hopefully.

Trending threads

Recent Posts