My first built rifle!

Wow! That's a beautiful rifle! That looks nothing like my first and last, rifle build!

But, in 1989 the world was a very different place! 😉

What does it weigh….. fully loaded, slung, ect? memtb

Hey, sorry I missed your question earlier! Fully kitted w/ 5 rounds of ammo, suppressor, scope etc, field ready it's 9lb 9oz as configured.

One of the best looking boom sticks I've seen. The color combo on the stock gives it tons of depth. The bronze throughout with the grey bolt…honestly gorgeous.

Yeah I think it's absolutely gorgeous. It turned out nicer than it had looked in my head! The only thing I'm still considering is getting the rings cerakoted bronze to match the receiver. Haven't decided for sure on that yet.

Beautiful rifle! Someone told me that once you build your first custom your factory rifles will just spend their life in the safe. Although I still give my factory rifles some love, they don't get the attention they previously enjoyed. I really enjoyed the planning, component evaluation, and learning process during the custom build. It was worth every $$$ invested.

Beautiful rifle! Someone told me that once you build your first custom your factory rifles will just spend their life in the safe. Although I still give my factory rifles some love, they don't get the attention they previously enjoyed. I really enjoyed the planning, component evaluation, and learning process during the custom build. It was worth every $$$ invested.
True 'dat! Then you build off a custom action and everything else sits!

True 'dat! Then you build off a custom action and everything else sits!

I don't think this one could ever sit in the safe since the core is the rifle Dad bought me back in 1996 when I was just a kid. Although she's been upgraded, this bang stick's receiver has taken the vast majority of antlered animals I've harvested in my life.

Edit: this is how she started life.

IMG_20191231_103127.jpg

That's a nice rifle just like it was!!!!
I have a lot of rifles that I've been gifted or from friends and one day it occurred to me if something happened to me nobody would know where some came from. My solution was to go get an a&d book from brownells and I put the origin of them in comments. That way if something happens to me the kids can know what rifles came from their grandparents or whatever.