Got my 28 Nosler

venatic

Ever since I shot a Big Nilgia with Horizon Firearms owner Derrick Ratliff's 28 Nosler I have been coveting one. Well Picked up my 28 Nosler yesterday. It's in a temporary stock until next Monday but I was anxious to get a load worked up as I have a Match next weekend. Braved the rain and wind today as I was anxious to shoot it.
I furnished Horizon two different loads... one with 183gr Sierra and one with the 195gr Berger.
Last night I eased higher on the charge and loaded a few in new brass and once fired brass to check speed variance with both bullets.

Here is the rifle. New stock will be Black/Grey/white Iota stock.

First rounds over the Magneto-speed

Shot these with Mageto attached

Wow! That's nice and it looks like a real shooter! By the way, where in the world did you get the brake it looks quite interesting!:)

venatic,
Out standing! That muzzle brake looks like a JP Machine design. Very nice rifle to go with the great target. SD of 3 is great!
Congrats!

Wow, what a great looking and performing rifle ! I like the barrel and bolt flutes going opposite. What barrel twist do you have ?
You are shooting it in matches, how many rounds do you thing you will get out of it ?

Very good looking rifle!

I have 2 of those JP brakes on rifles. I love them. I read a very extensive test of muzzle brakes. The JP Recoil Eliminator did the best, by a far margin, of keeping the rifle on target. It didnt do the absolute best with recoil reduction. It did very good still. There were a couple that did better, but those ones had the vents pointed back towards the shooter. So when they measured the pressure/noise felt by the shooter, the JP brake did way better than the couple brakes that had the vents angled back towards the shooter.

Pretty much the JP brake did the best in some of the aspects that mattered most to me and still performed towards the top for overall recoil reduction.

It is as noted a JP brake and its quite effective.
The barrel is a Benchmark 1/8 twist.
The matches are 1000 yards 20 rounds total most hits and locally there are 4 a year.
Not sure on barrel life but wild guess 700-900 maybe more.

Pretty happy with how it turned out for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.