Got a new rifle, sending it back to the factory

I have Rugers, Remingtons, Smith&Wessons, and even a Charter Arms. Have returned items to all of these... They all fixed them and sent them back.. S&W even fixed a TC Contender they didn't make. Did it Free of charge. They came to the house and picked it up. Brought it back too!! Nobody is perfect.. Just ask my wife..
What saddens me is the demise of the regional gunsmith that could repair any and all. We used to have a gunsmith in Augusta that was factory authorized/certified to fix Remington, Colt, Ruger, Winchester, etc.. He died, and along with him, local gun repair died too. Everything goes back to the factory now... UPS/FEDEX are the big winners there..
What l have had the most trouble with recently are makers of reloading equipment and components..(all in the past year).. Mislabeled primers that were large rifle rather than large pistol.. Sleeve said Pistol, boxes inside said Rifle. This can pretty expensive when you buy ten thousand primers at a time.. Then wont return my calls... Press with a broken handle after only 3 years of use. No return call either... Thank goodness GunBroker sells press handles as well as guns ... Bought a defective NEW aftermarket trigger recently.. A World Renowned gun maker said it would not adjust... Trigger people said, ''We don't make bad triggers''.. Likely the trigger guy is mad because the gun maker quit buying their sorry triggers!!

Last edited:
I do long range shooting but I also shoot lots of stuff that ain't of interest to LRS. Here is my return history; in the past 20 years I have returned two firearms to Ruger; one was a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6mm Creedmoore the problems barrels not true alignment with receivers; how in the heck does that happen? Any how Ruger repaired both at no cost to me and I still have and use them. I have returned a Shield pistol to S&W; they returned it basically telling me to get lost at no cost to me. I traded it at a loss for a Glock and will never buy another new S&W. I have returned a few to Kel Tec; with the exception of the PMR 30 (there is no hope fer that one; I traded it in on a Glock) they required me to pay the shipping. They fixed the firearms and returned them and I still have, use and buy Kel-Tecs. I currently have returned a PSA AR 9 eight inch pistol to PSA. It fails to eject about 1 out of ten rounds. I have every hope they will fix it as every one on U tube have one that works flawlessly, eh? Last week I ordered two different firearms from PSA. I am fair, eh?
I fix the Kel-tec PMR 30's all the time. I have the solution for the problems that people are having with them. When they are done they will shoot anything you put in it. I can fire all thirty in less than a few seconds when the gun is finished.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.