• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Good guy list needed

jeff 300

What is the deal with all of the high end scope n stuff for sale on here buy guys that are new are only have a couple post. It seems like every time i look on here theres a new SCAM going on. Its just a matter of time before some one on here gets taken. There needs to be a goods guy list as a sticky are something like Snipers hide you can sell before a 100post. I'm getting where i don't want to take a chance any more. So how about it a good guy list r some kind of safety help??????????

What is the deal with all of the high end scope n stuff for sale on here buy guys that are new are only have a couple post. It seems like every time i look on here theres a new SCAM going on. Its just a matter of time before some one on here gets taken. There needs to be a goods guy list as a sticky are something like Snipers hide you can sell before a 100post. I'm getting where i don't want to take a chance any more. So how about it a good guy list r some kind of safety help??????????

I noticed the same thing, and steered clear of them.

Caveat emptor , if it seems to good to be true it usually IS.
I have been lucky, or good depending on how you look at it.
I DO NOT buy high dollar stuff from any one with out a solid history.

Dave

Jeff,

Just because I someone is advertising a new NF and has not posted here before does not mean they are a scammer. Scammer ads are pretty obvious but for the untrusting an escrow service is inexpensive insurance.

Phil Schmidt

I agree with Phil. Just because I did not post my 2 cents a bunch of times to get my post count up does not mean I have not had good results buying or selling on here. A little common sense and some research on who you are doing business with seems to work for me.:)

If someone is concerned about fraud all they have to do is buy via PayPal who now offers 100% buyer protection for transactions of general merchandise outside of ebay. That would not apply to ammo and firearms because paypal does not allow purchase of firearms. I found that frustrating because I have a lot of money in PayPal but I figured a work around.... PayPal offers a prepaid Mastercard that you can transfer funds into online directly from your paypal account and I have bought 6 firearms and lots of ammo/reloading supplies with it successfully. Only downside is there is a $5 monthly charge but it is well worth it to me.

Well i guess i should have look a little harder. That a good thing to have for sure. I'm not saying every one with a low post number is a scammer every one has to get started some how. But on the other hand most of the guy that are scammers have a very low post count. It just seems like lately there has been more scams on here and other forums. Now a days a guy can't be to careful thats all i'm saying. I'm not pointing a finger at one person. but as a saler put your self in the buyers shoes. Maybe adding a little more info about them selves could ease the buyers mind thats all i'm saying.

You have a good point, I have done numerous sales and buys on here and have been fortunate. I have even met with members at half way locations and made deals. I think at the least a member should have to post their location, a lot of guys won't post a location. Most guys here are of upstanding integrity. Like it's always been,it just takes one or two bad one's.

I'm new to this forum but have sold a lot of high end optics and rifles on other forums and online firearm sites. I use the same name and someone could check my feedback if they ever needed to. That being said, I'm impressed with the integrity and honesty I've found. I've been the seller and I've been the buyer and feel better about dealing with this crowd and others like it than the general public.

I'm new to this forum but have sold a lot of high end optics and rifles on other forums and online firearm sites. I use the same name and someone could check my feedback if they ever needed to. That being said, I'm impressed with the integrity and honesty I've found. I've been the seller and I've been the buyer and feel better about dealing with this crowd and others like it than the general public.

X2
I do a bunch of reading here but not much posting. I have great eBay feedback and good feedback on quite a few other sites. I try to make as many purchases and sales face to face if at all possible. Personal preference. Good luck to all and may you not get scammed!
-Eric

I agree that everyone should use Paypal if unsure about a seller or buyer. I've sold and bought several things on here and most people on here are good guys. Just ask for an evaluation period to make sure what you bought is what you really get. I still suggest Paypal buyer's protection, just make sure you agree on who pays the fee.

Having made several purchases on "armslist" I have had no problem sending money orders and getting the desired product. Until now. I'm currently hung out to dry on $1100 by some jerk who was going to sell me a vortex Razor II scope. I'm hoping to have better luck with people on this site. I'll definitely be utilizing a good guy list!

I refuse to use PayPal for anything due to their anti gun policies. It would be easier and faster but I just can't support a business that doesn't support us.

I mainly sell but have bought a few items and always have had good experiences on both sides.