Good Ballistic Gel Tests

Reelamin

Just to be clear I am a over analyzing freak before I try anything new. Like many others I have been stretching the distance on big game for years. I'm only good to 800yds currently (first shot where I want it and a one shot fast kill) and completed it last year on an antelope. I know, I know, antelope die if you sneeze hard. I even shot a specific bullet BT on the hunt as I knew it would expand at any impact velocity yet not blow up and it performed perfectly on game. No way on GOD's green earth will I intentionally hunt elk with a BT again. I have shot big mags to keep the velocity up on impact as I want real expansion and penetration but my wanted distances is putting those to my limit expectations. My latest chambering (338 Edge) the impact velocity/expansion reality is really getting me worried past 1000yds. I found this guy on Youtube and so far I cant find anyone actually doing gel testing as well or down to the low velocities he does. I hope it helps others.

Last edited:
I've seen this channel and must say I'm glad someone is doing the gel tests at reduced velocity. It seems everyone else judges the performance of a bullet as its fired into gel 10ft from the muzzle and nearly full MV which in my opinion means nothing. I don't even watch a video if its the old water jug ballistician expert. Lol

I now HAVE, "First Hand", Experience with, 140 Grain, Berger, Classic Hunters ( Shot Elk, @ slightly LESS than, 100 Yards ) out of, a .270 WSM,..
they hit like,.. "the Hammer of Thor" @ 3,185 FPS and, WITHOUT much,.. Meat damage !
VERY PLEASED with, the Performance of the Berger Cl. Hunt. and I will NOT be,.. going back to,.. AccuBonds !
The Barbour Creek guys, on YouTube, RAVE about, Berger "Hunting" VLD's, Elite's and Classic's,.. NOW,.. I KNOW,.. "why" !
They shoot them at, some, serious, Distance into, the Tougher, 20% Gel. And sometimes with, Hide over and Bone "in", the Gel !

Last edited: