Golf Ball at 300 yards ?

I use to go to a golf ball shoot and it was fun. They were set on golf tees that were placed into drilled holes on a 2x4 so they were steady. You were given 5 golf balls to shoot at 300 yards with one being orange which was a point multiplier if you hit it. If you hit a tee and the other golf balls came off you lose the shots at them so you had to actually hit the ball square. And yes they did sometimes "explode" rubber bands everywhere! Heck this was probably 25 years ago! A lot cleaner than egg shoots! Hard to beat the 22-250 or 220 Swift guys back then.
I have shot golf balls at 400 yards using my 6mm BR consistently. A real challenge in the wind too.

Having fun with the kids now, just wait till you have grandkids!!!
Man, i can only hope. My philosophy of waiting till a little later in life to have kids has shown me the downside to the plan. Im 55 now , with the neck of an 80yr old and back of a 75yr old . A 22yr old son and 14yr old daughter . My son might bring me a grand before too terribly long and my daughter dang well better not, lol. The way i pushed my body most of my.life i have serious doubts i will be able to anything but be an observer if im blessed with any grand babies down the line. Hindsight , right ?

Entrance then exit. Either 140 VLD or 143 eldX, I cannot recall.

Attachments

• 20D37828-7BE1-4EF2-AFCF-052B3D650DD9.jpeg
    20D37828-7BE1-4EF2-AFCF-052B3D650DD9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • C5B54075-1F86-4010-B0F2-3FF6F389485E.jpeg
    C5B54075-1F86-4010-B0F2-3FF6F389485E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Barbour Creek shoots them all the time at 1000 yds. Check it out in the link below.

View attachment 228493
Good shooting, but, not quite as good as we did back in 1969 when we pulled the trigger and four days and 234,474 miles later we hit a round ball in the sky known as the moon. Custom ammo used was Apollo 11.

Man, i can only hope. My philosophy of waiting till a little later in life to have kids has shown me the downside to the plan. Im 55 now , with the neck of an 80yr old and back of a 75yr old . A 22yr old son and 14yr old daughter . My son might bring me a grand before too terribly long and my daughter dang well better not, lol. The way i pushed my body most of my.life i have serious doubts i will be able to anything but be an observer if im blessed with any grand babies down the line. Hindsight , right ?
I think about my dad being 60 when he passed on. He never to got to see his grand kids. I have been lucky, I have been able to see my grandchildren. My oldest grandson is starting into shooting. I got them there first 22 rifles. My younger grandchildren, I will around to get them their first rifle too. One of the biggest things I miss is not have my father around to see his grand kids.

I think about my dad being 60 when he passed on. He never to got to see his grand kids. I have been lucky, I have been able to see my grandchildren. My oldest grandson is starting into shooting. I got them there first 22 rifles. My younger grandchildren, I will around to get them their first rifle too. One of the biggest things I miss is not have my father around to see his grand kids.
I'm 69 and I have 8 grandkids now. They range from 6 days up to 9 years. I have 6 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. They're great.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.