GF got a new gun...

Parkerb14

Well, for spring break, we finally made it back to Lemmon, SD to see my gfs parents. Got a few coyote stands in before the flooding started (called in 3 didnt get any). While we were there here dad gave her a custome 25-06, he hasnt shot it in forever and bought it off a smith and doesnt know the specs on it From what I can tell it has a Sako action, good trigger no creep light pull, a 24 in bbl and it has been bedded. I want to load up some 115gr VLD's for it was wonder what kind of velocities people were getting with these and accuracy, oh and some load data too please :)

Thanks, Parker

I loaded a 120grn sierra game king, over 52.8 grns of IMR4831 using a CCI200 primer. I was cutting one holers at 100 all day long. A buddy of mine is using RL22. These seem to be the prominent powders for the 25-06. Good caliber by the way.

Tank

Thanks tank...I might post a thing in the wanted try out some diff pills see which ones she likes the best but I will deffinetley try that out :)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.