Getting more elevation

First I would like to introduce myself, my name is Cody. I just put together a gun for long range shooting. It is a Marlin X7HV in 22-250, and I have a Millett 4x16x50 tactical scope on it. I sighted it in for 200 yards and it took almost all of my elevation away. I only have 1.8 mils left. How would I go about getting some more elevation adjustment? Maybe an inclined base?

Try loosening the allen screw on turret enough to pull the cap up to disengage the mil clicks. Then rotate the turret counter clockwise and back to zero. Push the cap back down and tighten the allen screw. It might be that simple, one can only hope.

You need a 20 moa rail, or shim scope or base..001= ABOUT 1'' @ 100 GENRAL. I like rails on all guns for ease of scope change. sOME RINGS HAVE shim kit.You might even need more if real distance is a goal.

When I zeroed the scope at 200 I moved the turret to zero. Right now with 1.8 mil I can shoot to 450 yards. I would like to have enough for 1000 yards which means I need 15 mil of elevation. Will a 20 MOA base give me 15mil for 1000 yards? And could someone give me a part number for the 20 MOA base for a X7HV?

your going to have to go to a heavy for caliber bullet if your shooting a 22-250 to accurately shoot 1000 yards.

When I zeroed the scope at 200 I moved the turret to zero. Right now with 1.8 mil I can shoot to 450 yards. I would like to have enough for 1000 yards which means I need 15 mil of elevation. Will a 20 MOA base give me 15mil for 1000 yards? And could someone give me a part number for the 20 MOA base for a X7HV?

15mil is ~50 minutes...not going to make it with a 20 minute base.

I didnt plan on shooting to 1000, but I thought it would be nice to have the ability. I can't find any bases for a marlin, but I read somewhere that the winchester model 70 uses the same hole pattern. Ken Farrell makes a 30 MOA base for a model 70 so im going to make sure that base will fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.