Getting a little tired of the Summit Climber...

I love my climber especially being a mainly public land hunter. Not old by a stretch, only 37, but I do have some early arthritis in one elbow and I was way too fat until I turned 30 which put some extra wear on the knees. Also do a touch of powerlifting to really help out the joints. But I will second that you need salt with the water and some magnesium will likely help too. I use a flavored salt drink mix (LMNT) or KetoVite but sodium tablets work just fine. Fish oil, magnesium, tumeric is a good mix for joint and muscle recovery in my experience.

I love Summit stands myself but this year I switched to a saddle just for portability and tree options. So far, I dig it. Nothing harvested yet and you can't get super high but **** can you get into some awesome trees a climber just can't. Not cheap or effortless but super versatile and stealthy. I'll still be using my Summits but not as much as I used to.
May I ask how old you are? How comfortable are the saddles for a 5 to 6 hour hunt? Looked at them and thought how nice it would be to climb any tree. Thanks.

May I ask how old you are? How comfortable are the saddles for a 5 to 6 hour hunt? Looked at them and thought how nice it would be to climb any tree. Thanks.
I am 45 years old and in decent shape despite two knee surgeries. I'm 6'7" and weigh 250# so I'm no lightweight but I've been very comfortable with my set up. The comfort is on par with the Summit but it definitely takes some getting used to. The good and the bad is that there is no right or wrong way to set up your system. Which leads to a lot of trial and error but once you've found what works, you can have a good long sit without issue. I don't sit for more than 3-4 hours before I would be moving on to a new location or back to camp. That is the beauty of the saddles, you can make a move very quietly and get into new location if you aren't seeing any movement. The stealth takes some careful thought and practice but I can climb most trees with very little sound. I come from a bow hunting background so getting close to game is my favorite way to hunt which begs the question, why am I on a LRH forum? 😆

I am 45 years old and in decent shape despite two knee surgeries. I'm 6'7" and weigh 250# so I'm no lightweight but I've been very comfortable with my set up. The comfort is on par with the Summit but it definitely takes some getting used to. The good and the bad is that there is no right or wrong way to set up your system. Which leads to a lot of trial and error but once you've found what works, you can have a good long sit without issue. I don't sit for more than 3-4 hours before I would be moving on to a new location or back to camp. That is the beauty of the saddles, you can make a move very quietly and get into new location if you aren't seeing any movement. The stealth takes some careful thought and practice but I can climb most trees with very little sound. I come from a bow hunting background so getting close to game is my favorite way to hunt which begs the question, why am I on a LRH forum? 😆
Thanks for the reply. I am 56 and hauling a Summit into the woods can get tiresome, along with bow or rifle, and backpack. Have bought 2 leaners and a tripod over the last 2 years. Not the ideal set up but the woods I hunt are thick and with a Summit on your back trekking through the woods is not ideal. Will have to see if anyone near me has the saddle to try out.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.