Gaston Glock passing today

For you guys that shoot Glocks, Gaston Glock passed today.

Whether or not you like or dislike his guns, his impact on the industry cannot be debated.

His work in developing the polymer framed pistol is noteworthy in an industry of all metal guns.

RIP
When I first heard of it I got to admit I was shocked. But look where it is now.

Have a Gen 1 17 from January 1990 . I still laugh about all the old guys (me now) hating on Barbie Doll pistols while lugging their HB 686's around. The mark he made.....its just getting deeper by the day! He may not match JMB overall no question he will be an Icon always talked about.

Sad day. I never really liked the Glock grip angle. But guess what, it's my EDC. I didn't see his passing on the news, just in firearms forums. And honestly I don't know much about the man. But his pistols are the standard now for reliable defensive pistols. He made a major contribution for many of us in the United States and the world. RIP Sir.

People used to say Glocks were this or that. The one I never understood was "its Ugly". While the first G17 I saw in the late 80's would win no beauty contest even after its owner let me fire it. The gen 5's of today look really good next to S&W, Walthers and a few others that have a reptile like appearance. The true UGLY pistol has to be the Hi point.

As far as manufacturers go, they ALL have copied the Glock design because it just works. When it comes to beauty I will admire a nicely finished 1911 or a pre 70 Winchester with the wood and deep blue metal finish.

Gaston Glock made a product that works for its intended purpose and I carry one everyday. RIP Sir.

He was a badass. Someone had a contract on him, and at the age of 70, he allegedly knocked out his attacker, a professional wrestler…. You would think he would have had a CCW handy…

Recent Posts