Glock 20 or 20sf?

sconnie264

I am really wanting a glock in that sweet 10mm cartridge for concealed, as well as carrying for brush hunting deer. I plan on a longer barrel, but up in the air if i want the original 20, or the 20sf (small frame). I dont have monkey hands, so the 20sf seems more fitting, and of course my gun shop doesnt have one on hand to compare. Will the 20 & 20sf interchange with all holsters, barrels, mags, etc?

i had the standard model. not SF. i wish i could comment on the holsters but i handloaded and 700ft/pds of energy with 200gr XTPs are awsome on power and flat trajectory. I used the gun for bear protection and just wanting 15+1 rounds of POWER! well worth it.

I had a taurus .44 6.5" barrel model and my preference goes twards the old 10mm. just cause its more compact and holds more ammo and it can attatch light/laser combo units to it. Its fitting for even my hands and im just 5'9" 175lbs.

I target shoot 155/165gr at 1000 to 1100fps.

Thaks for the reply chuck! I guess in the long run the aftermarket is always going to make stuff for whichever model, I just didnt know if it would just plain old be easier to deal with the large frame so that I could be "normal" and pick up parts anywhere.

Im in the preperation stage of building a longslide 10mm off the model 20sf. Lonewolf dist makes a 6 inch barrel and slide. This extra barrel length does alot for this round in increasing energy. I talked with lonewolf yesterday and they recomend a gen 3 for the best fit with their products. I have handled both the 20 and the 20sf, and I personally like the feel of the sf better, but could be ok with either. They would be a good place to call regarding the two and hiw interchangable the parts and accesories are.

How much for all the parts in a long slide? Is that going to be a stainless barrel? That would be my dream handgun!

I havent done it yet, but based on the conversation with lonewolf, the barrel is 125, the slide is 225, & then approx 135 for the rest of the internal parts. all parts are stainless. She also said Options include: u can sale the factory upper parts for a few hundred on gunbroker to make some of it back, or u can buy a 21sf in 45, & then you have both calibers. Lastly, u can also just buy the barrel but iy t sticks out a bit. Do a search for longslide 10mm or glock 20 longslide & you can look at pictures of some og them

i have the 20 sf great for carry.have the 6 iin stainless stormlake barrel on it.improves acccurace and shoots lead for plate shooting. lgreat for hunting also

i prefer strom lake barrel.better supported than lone wolf.most pistol barrels 1/16 twist.also non ported for model 20 glock

That is a sweet looking barrel. Im not sure on the twist, I would take there recomendation based on the bullet u want to shoot. Compensators work well but typically direct more noise/blast toward the shooter. For my application I think I will go without for thise reasons. Also I will be getting the 6+inch barrel for max velocity. Google jeff quin longslide 10mm, he does some velocityvtesting in this article including the lonewolf barrels with and without compensator. All of the unfo I have is just to the best of my knowledge at this point. As i get further along I may learn something that changes my mind. let us know what you decide how it works out. Also I wouldnt hesitate to call lonewolf, they were very willing to help and give info

My last response was the op. I havnt seen the storm lake barrels but will be checking them out

i prefer strom lake barrel.better supported than lone wolf.most pistol barrels 1/16 twist.also non ported for model 20 glock

What do you mean by better supported? I saw that Lone wolf has a 1/9 twist, would that be ideal for 220 grain plugs?

Glock 20. I am in the same boat, also wanting to know if the 4.6" barrel should be ported/compensated. Would this help this gun for some hunting/personal defense? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.