Gas Fields

What feenix said. You can't get on the well pad cause that would be trespassing, but around them are fine. I used to use the pads as a place to park a vehicle by. I figured since I was always driving around, checking wells, and the animals saw my work truck which never bothered them, I would use the same philosophy when I was hunting. Works like a charm. Just be cautious of what's down range.

You may or may not be aware aware of H2S gas but here is a reminder.

Hydrogen sulfide is a colorless, flammable, extremely hazardous gas with a "rot- ten egg" smell. It occurs naturally in crude petroleum, natural gas, and hot springs. In addition, hydrogen sulfide is naturally produced by bacterial break- down of organic materials and human and animal wastes (e.g., sewage). Industrial activities that can produce the gas include petroleum/natural gas drilling and refining, wastewater treatment, coke ovens, tanneries, and kraft paper mills. Hydrogen sulfide can also exist as a liquid compressed gas. It's heavier than air, very poisonous, corrosive, flammable, and explosive.

Where I'm from I try and avoid any gas field hunting due to this. As for rules most gas fields are signed with presence of H2S and are gated with locks to prevent access (i.e. restricted) in most gas fields. Again something you may or may not have already be aware of.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.