Garmin Xero C1 Pro

I ordered mine yesterday. I like the small form factor for those days where you just jump in the truck and fire a few without having to lug a large orange box and find a space to put it when you don't have a table access. I am curious to see how it hangs against the orange box.

Received my Garmin Xero C1 yesterday. So far I am super impressed. In the box was the unit (about the size of a gopro), a nice short tripod, and a USB cable. No case, but you really dont need one. I could see throwing this in your shooting bag side pocket and never knowing it's there until you need it. Functionality is super simple and it records EVERY TIME. They say it wont work for shotgun, but I'm going to try it tomorrow. Cant speak for battery life, but I think it could outlast a long range day. If you needed more battery, a cheap external USB battery pack would be fine. You can attach it to your Arca rail via the $165 Area 419 attachment, or buy Leftfoto parts from Amazon and build one for $37. The iPhone app pairs perfectly and you can reference all you data easily. I have a Magnetospeed and will probably never use it again. Never wanted a Labradar due to the size and I think the only thing it could do that this won't is BC. But really any BC (published or labradar) is only a starting point anyway and wont be the same as velocity decreases. In my opinion, this is a Labradar/Magnetospeed kill shot. No wonder there are so many for sale now!!!
Who says it won't work on shotgun? This is from their website and it says birdshot. I don't know just curious

• Measures medium-and high-velocity projectiles from 100 fps to 5,000 fps for bullets, arrows, bolts, slugs, birdshot, paintballs and airsoft BBs

Who says it won't work on shotgun? This is from their website and it says birdshot. I don't know just curious

• Measures medium-and high-velocity projectiles from 100 fps to 5,000 fps for bullets, arrows, bolts, slugs, birdshot, paintballs and airsoft BBs
Saw a post where someone emailed the company and they said no and the website was wrong. Figured it was like the Labradar and wouldn't. I'll report back tomorrow!

Claims state that it isn't affected by other shooters and doesn't need a trigger to register suppressed rifles or even air rifles. Also has a 0.1fps resolution. Pretty interesting and labradar definitely needed some competition in this field.
Saw some info on it yesterday. Looks like the issues I have with my Labradar are non-issues with this unit. I would consider it after some more info, good hands on reviews.

One advantage the Garmin has over the Labradar is size - small enough to take out in the desert and record every single practice shot. I do that at my CO place with my Labradar, but I just leave it setup right outside the door from my reloading room. Once in a while a low or high hit can be explained by a "velocity flyer."

I think I will get one for AZ, but I certainly am not going to sell my Labradar - I should sell my Magneto because I haven't touched it or my Chrony since I got the Labradar.

Placed my back-order thru Area 419 yesterday just hours after they released their YouTube video on it. Wow! 2000 shots between recharges with no missed shots during testing. I plan to compete with it attached to the rifle through the whole match, so I can immediately check for a velocity change when I have a high or low miss.

For lab radar guys this looks like serious competition. But my bullet seeker mach4 is NOT going to be replaced by this. Super small unbelievably consistent and I can shoot matches with it attached and see how velocity might have impacted a bad shot. Bullet Seeker for me all day long. But competition is a great thing for product development.

Anybody have any details on this new chrono?View attachment 498903View attachment 498904
Yes, I just got a promotion for this product yesterday. I have looked at chronographs since the late 70s but never had one. At this point in my life I don't know that I ever will, but also at this point I try to tie all the technology to drops on shooting apps and might find it interesting. Though I have been a shooter since age 12 or before I find this forum fascinating by all the knowledge of shooters out there. Looking forward to reviews of this product here.

In this case, I disagree. The only main competition the Garmin has right now is the Labradar. Most other chronographs on the market are at a different price point or a bit obscure. I have a $140 competition electronics optical and it does most of what I need. Otherwise I'll grab my 1st gen magneto speed. Between the two, I can get what I need for load development and long distance shooting. Point being, I don't need the Labradar nor the Garmin to meet my needs. Most other shooters probably don't either. The cheaper, small company produced products work just fine here too. I think there is still a market for the less expensive products.

There's many of us out there that didn't jump on the Labrador bandwagon. Seemed like a lot of hassle at the range and many, many up charges on accessories. I have been wondering for quite some time why someone didn't make a smart, easy to operate chronograph. Labradar didn't seem to fit in that category to me. Garmin, on the other hand, has seemed to figure it out…from my perspective. So…like anything in the free market, it's time to innovate with a new competitor on scene or become history.

Lastly, I like this big company so much they live in my stock portfolio. I use their products in aviation, marine/fishing, I have one of their fitness watches, and have used their handheld GPSs in the field at work for…decades. There stuff just works, and works well. That being said, Garmin's arrival in the shooting industry is welcome…from me anyways.

Now, when we talk about Bass Pro swallowing Cabela's, I can totally agree with you there. Not a great outcome…
Don't get me wrong, I happen to love using Garmin products, and customer support isn't bad either. I also use them on a daily basis in aviation, my boat and on my wrist. I just hate seeing a small company come in, make a product that works amazing, but has a high price point. Garmin jumps in and now seemingly the price point isn't an issue. I'm a fan of free market and capitalism, just hate seeing the little guy run out of our country. If you're in aviation look what happened to ForeFlight the second Boeing bought them out. Price tripled. Honestly, I hope you are right and this forces innovation and moves the technology forward. Like I said…we'll see.

Recent Posts