FX Outdoors/True Ballistics Radar Chronograph

Yea, I was hoping for a lower cost Lab Radar. While it does seem better than lab radar, 1k puts it in the category of luxury buy for persons with money to blow. I suppose I'll just get a conventional chrony.

Persons with money to blow are a large contingent of the viral posters here these days. "Buy once cry once" is the ritual chant. For folks with a working man's budget keeping up with the best of the best is becoming very difficult. Buying what you can afford is no cause for shame.

Absolutely no shame in keeping a budget. The buy once and cry once phrase is still good advise. If you buy something that you will ultimately replace at a significant loss, you end up paying more than if you waited until you had the funds to buy what you really wanted. I've been there and done that.

A $100 chrono will give you more information than no chronograph. When one can afford better the information gets better. That's the goal. I don't understand the conflict. Would you refrain from watching television because you didn't have the best TV? Would you stop listening to music because you didn't have the absolute best sound system? There is no glory going into debt for a hobby. Unless one plans on shooting as a profession baby steps are a reasonable option.

I have had my TBC for almost a month. Set up is a breeze and still learning how to use the App (APP could be improved - I like the speed Tracker APP better, easier to use). Used it on 22LR, .45 ACP and .308 LR10. Picked up every shot. The best is getting data out to 400 yards (both in FPS and Foot lbs.) For my 22LR, I have set up to get data at 50, 75, 100 and 200 yards. The speed tracker was finicky in were you placed it at to get the results you needed. Not the TBC.
I'm seeing it does out to 300yds, has there been an update to 400yds?

Has anyone run these hard at 300 yards? Meaning, how reliably is it capturing velocities, and how solid are the velocities it's giving you?