Furthest kill with the 35gr Berger?

matt_3479

So I've been shooting the 20 tac for some time now and it's time to get a more fur friendly bullet! I've picked up 35gr Bergers but with the loss in bc wondering what there effective range might be. Was shooting the 39gr blitz kings with huge success minus the massive damage to fur. What's everyone's thoughts

The 20 Tac is very similar to the 204,the 39 Blitz king is one sweet round,i wouldn't be afraid of the 35 Berger it's only difference is less bc. The only way a 204 or a 20 tac shines in with the 1/10 twist barrel.I'll stay with the 204 because of the numerous excellent factory loads available,but the 20 Tac is definitely interesting.

The 20 Tac is very similar to the 204,the 39 Blitz king is one sweet round,i wouldn't be afraid of the 35 Berger it's only difference is less bc. The only way a 204 or a 20 tac shines in with the 1/10 twist barrel.I'll stay with the 204 because of the numerous excellent factory loads available,but the 20 Tac is definitely interesting.

ive owner 3 204's and loved them but when I stumbled across a 20 tac at a deal nobody could refuse I bought it and have never looked back. Sweet little rifle it is! Just need to get a more fur friendly bullet going

So I've been shooting the 20 tac for some time now and it's time to get a more fur friendly bullet! I've picked up 35gr Bergers but with the loss in bc wondering what there effective range might be. Was shooting the 39gr blitz kings with huge success minus the massive damage to fur. What's everyone's thoughts

Have you tried the 32 grain Blitz King,or the 32 grain v-max hot round ,but little fur damage on coyotes.

Have you tried the 32 grain Blitz King,or the 32 grain v-max hot round ,but little fur damage on coyotes.

only ever shot the 40gr vmax, and 39gr blitzkings. I'm looking for as little fur damage as possible. Last year we were fetching 105-145 dollars a pelt for the big ones in prime and had our best season ever, minus I was ruining them so bad with the 39 gr blitzkings.

I've been shooting the 40gr vmax exclusively in my 20prac on groundhogs and almost never get exit hole. Out of 30+ groundhogs this summer for 75 yards to 400 o may have only had 6 exits.

I'
I've successfully used the 35 grain Berger out to 300 yards give or take 10 yards,so far all shots have proved successful,with a 200 yard zero- 11 in at 300 ,but still packing enough energy to drop a yote about 300ft pounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.