Freak on the Ground!

yote doctor

Well it was an amazing hunt. I could write a book on the events that took place but we all know I cant do that here.

We had spotted this 7x7 with 8 cows from a ways out. There were 4 other small bulls that kept trying to run in and push a cow away but this guy was not having it! Later my buddy and I set up and started to cow call. It wasnt 5 minutes later that the young lads came running in. I passed on a nice 5 point at 50 yards. (Thank God I did) The next 5 point turned towards my buddy. Just as he stopped I saw the arrow hit its mark. He had made a nice 30 yard shot and bull only went 70 yards or so.

I decided to go after the big guy so I would cow call and then move 40-50 yards at a time. Later finding him bedded with his girls. I only had one option because of the wind, and that was to stalk him by belly crawling into bow range. After 35 minutes of moving branches and a High Heart rate, I was at 58 yards. As I got to my knees he got up and faced me with his head down. Let me tell you that there was a very small window to shoot through, and if he went 5 yards either way there was NO shot. And just like that he turned straight away, as he turned slightly quartering right, I cow called with my lips. (was so excited it sounded like a stray cat) but it worked. I settled the 60 yard pin on back edge of ribs and let it fly. The arrow buried all the way to the fletching! He walked 30 yards, stood for a few minutes and then I got to watch him tip over. My biggest bull to date and one of my most memorable hunts ever. Double royal on one side and split G3 on the other. I love the character of his rack... one of a kind.
c0cf718c-c44d-4750-a945-8ca1a3b12de3_zps7ca36381.jpg

bdf34df3-8b46-4ca1-bed3-56d57d15496c_zpsc35bf7b7.jpg

Thanks Fellas

Very thankful for this amazing bull and a quick clean kill.

Want to say, I had my concerns using the little "Slick Trick" standard broadhead.

Not anymore!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.