For 100% factory sub $700 rifle anything beat the CVA Cascade?

DartonJager

Was wondering if anything in the sub $700 GP hunting bolt rifle price range is there a better buy then the CVA Cascade? I own two and they have surpassed my every expectation. Both were under $700 OTD.

IMO, to get an OBJECTIVE answer, as opposed to simply fan boy promotion of a given brand, to your question would require someone who owns and shoots not just your rifle but some others at its price point. That`s going to be hard to find, perhaps.

It depends on what kind of sales you can find, and how lucky/un-lucky you get with the production rifle. I feel that with handloads, most production rifles can shoot 3/4 to just under 1 moa .. sometime you get lucky and find one that will shoot 1/2 to 3/4 moa--- but full custom rifles can get you into the 1/4-1/2 area.

I have a 22-250 savage that shoots 5 rounds touching ( bought it for $300- but that was almost 30 years ago), I also bought a wally world rem700adl in 270win for just under $400 that shoots 3/4 moa wirh handloads ( it's about 10 years old), bought a x-bolt 7rm that shoots a verified .63 moa out to 700 yards, ( best it has shot is .38 moa)- Bought it on sale about 9 years ago for under $600, my daughter has a tc rifle in 6.5cm that is a 3/4 moa shooter- paid just under $400 for it about 6 years ago.

If you hand load, I feel you can get most production rifles under 1 moa ( I've only ever had 1 bolt action rifle I couldn't get to shoot better than 1.5moa-- it was a super cheepo rem 783, I tried everything I could think of and could never get it to shoot decent for me.

I bought my new Remarms ADL for less than $600, but I immediately swapped out the stock. A SPS 7mm RM would cost right at $700 A new Weatherby Vanguard can be had for less than $700. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Man I've been around a handful of ruger American predators in 6cm, 65cm and 223 that all shot **** well with factory ammo. Yes the 22" barrels are slow, but accuracy has been extremely impressive for a sub $400 gun.