Folder chassis

XLR Element 4.0 magnesium, in my opinion the best light weight chassis currently available. The MDT looks nice as well, but I have only held one, and personally like the XLR better. I may be slightly biased though.

20220719_095358.jpg
20220917_140219.jpg

signal-2022-09-21-15-50-32-966-1.jpg

I am looking at making a move from a traditional stock to a folding chassis type. Any suggestions?? They are expensive and I don't want a crappy one
I originally was going for the XLR Element (like @codyadams) or MDT HNT26 but went with the MPR by CA. It is slightly heavier, but I still have my end weight goal for my current build-in progress.

.33 Thor components.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't already, try a friends chassis before you buy one. Some guys just don't like a chassis. Try as I might, I really want to like them - I just don't. I build rifles for a living and get to try everything out there. I own just one, from CADEX. I don't mind it but still prefer a stock. I believe Manners makes (or used to make) a folding stock if the folder is the selling feature. They also make a compact that adjusts pretty short as well.