First time hunting Wyoming! Unit 46 type 1

I was in the same spot once but from Florida. I was not nearly as prepared as you. Good maps and gps onX best you can get. Take a extra battery source if using phone cause the gps will eat batteries. Gps will be your most important piece of equipment, it will keep you out of jail. There are not landmarks and marked private property in Wyoming as in the south. Fences are fences not property lines necessarily. There will be public access in the middle of nowhere and no visual boundary. Landowners don't take kindly to you trespassing and is more serious than thought here. The warden will take landowners word over yours no matter what. Accidentally shooting a antelope on private property will be like shooting a cow in the south. All this was experience and good advise from a very nice landowner. Don't let me scare you but it can turn a awesome trip into a very unpleasant experience. Take lots of ammo and a varmit rifle if you have one. If you tag early there are plenty of coyotes and prairie dogs. It has been some years ago but landowners were very open to allowing access for varmints as long as you don't harm or scared their livestock. It windy. It gets windy. It's wide open and windy. Weather changes fast. There are some nice camp grounds with trees and cover and some that are in the wide open and look like a dried pond. Not all areas are well marked like our parks and campgrounds. Talk to the warden and biologist in the area you hunt, best source of information around especially for a out of town guy. What their maps marks as a river is like our creek. Everyone I met was very nice. If you like grits take your own. PM me if I can help. What town will you be near

Thanks

Buck

When it gets wet here just set tight for awhile it's gumbo and slick as ice as well as builds up on your tires, shoes , in the finder wells , you can't walk or drive in it .
When it gets wet here just set tight for awhile it's gumbo and slick as ice as well as builds up on your tires, shoes , in the finder wells , you can't walk or drive in it .
Alabama is just like this. The prairie soil in the south will make you 6 inches taller in 20 feet

Thanks

Buck

Take lots of water, gallons. Its dry out there. Spot and stalk, use terrain to your advantage to get within range. Antelope are not big and are closer than they appear. If they run off, they'll come back if you don't chase them away. Patience, look over several herds (driving) before choosing one to stalk and shoot. Watch for private land boundaries, Wyoming is checkerboard public/private land. Get a good map of the unit. Bucks will have a sentinel doe in his herem as his eyes, spook her and they'll all run. Clean them and skin them asap, then into a cooler with ice. I usually skin, then gut antelope. Change the ice several times on the way home. Putting the meat into sealable bags if you don't want waterlogged meat. Use a good rest, I recommend a tall bipod. Aim for the heart. Shoot a big one. Shoot every coyote you can too.
Just FYI on what's worked for me also, keep ice on the meat and leave the drain spout open with tilted cooler to avoid water logged meat.

Waterdog540 , thank you for your service small world and getting smaller every day . Welcome home to you also .

Medicine bow
when was the last time you were there?
we stayed in Sept at the Virginian and wow, talk about a dive down hill!
one even heard they lost 5 people to their tiny population last year to drug OD! ?
food was horrible compared to the other 2x we were there.
and there were very few other guests, as in the place was a ghost town compared before and we didn't get that memo!
we are looking for another place