Wyoming Type 1 Hunt

mikeg1005

Doing some final planning/research before going in for Antelope in 2015. Planning either unit 27 or 29.

Type 1 hunts show as "Any Antelope" ... does this mean I have (1) tag that I can shoot either a buck or doe on? Or will I get tags for a buck AND a doe tag (total of two animals)?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike
I presume you are a non-resident, with type-1 you pay $286.00 and get ONE tag, your choice of buck or doe.
If there are any leftover doe/fawn tags (type-6) in that unit after the draw they are $34.00 each first come first served on-line in July, or you can apply for doe/fawn tags at $48.00 each.

Good Luck
Dave

That's what I figured, just wanted confirmation.

Now that you mention it, I have a second question. You mention doe/fawn OR type 6 hunt.

My understand is that type 6 is doe/fawn that you can draw for at the application type... are you saying there are also plain doe/fawn tags for each unit regardless if they offer a type 6 hunt? Just as an example, unit 27 offers a type 1 and type 7 (doe/fawn on private land). If I draw a type 1 hunt on unit 27, come July 1st, do I have the ability to still get a doe/fawn tag that would be useable anywhere in the unit in addition to my type 1?

Thank you,

Mike.

Now that you mention it, I have a second question. You mention doe/fawn OR type 6 hunt.

My understand is that type 6 is doe/fawn that you can draw for at the application type... are you saying there are also plain doe/fawn tags for each unit regardless if they offer a type 6 hunt? Just as an example, unit 27 offers a type 1 and type 7 (doe/fawn on private land). If I draw a type 1 hunt on unit 27, come July 1st, do I have the ability to still get a doe/fawn tag that would be useable anywhere in the unit in addition to my type 1?

Thank you,

Mike.

It would appear that there are NO type-6 in unit 27, type-7 are doe/fawn tags good ONLY on private land, with landowner permission of course.

Thank you,

Mike.

It would appear that there are NO type-6 in unit 27, type-7 are doe/fawn tags good ONLY on private land, with landowner permission of course.
Every unit is different and has it's own limitations. It is all there on their website, you just have to look for it.

Dave

What dirtball said! Look in the seasons data section for what's available in each unit. If there are reduced price tags for does you can apply for them in the draw just like the Type 1 tags. The difference is that they are a random draw so everyone has an equal chance and no PPs are used. You can also apply for two of them in the draw and after the draw up to two more as leftovers if there are any in that or other units. If there are buck tags leftover, which there are many in units like 23, you can also buy one of them if you drew one or two if you didn't apply or get draw in the original draw. In other words, if a guy has the time, the cash, and places to hunt he can take up to 6 antelope in Wyoming the way things are set up right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.