First time hunting Wyoming. Got unit 73

TBuckus

My buddy and I were able to get tags for unit 73.
had a short talk with bio early in year getting basic info on heard quality.
I'm guessing most hunters will be driving out from Casper to this unit.
Has anyone hunted the north or west side of the unit? It's a big unit so any help with narrowing down the search would be appreciated.
we already decided not to go the first week. We aren't expecting a record book animal, but want something nicer than most Oregon bucks.

I have not hunted that area previously but I have a coworker that hunts on property that borders 73 in area 75 northeast of Hiland. Both he and his kids have killed multiple bucks over 80" in that area. So the chances of shooting a great buck is not out of the question.

I have hunted that unit. Last year it was easy pickens and there were a lot of nice bucks. Saw two that were takers, but only had two doe tags. Good unit last year. No intel on what it will be this year.

I hunted that unit two years ago and wrote up a couple posts about it. It was a ton of fun, and I was very impressed with the game. FYI, do yourself a favor and stop and eat at G-Ma's Diner on the way out to the unit for breakfast! We hunted mostly just south of the intersection of 33 Mile Rd. and Long Canyon Rd., then moved over to an area north of Natrona for a day. I preferred to spot and stalk, but I can't say we saw any more antelope, or got any closer in the few days we were doing that than the day we decided to drive around. My buddies tagged out day one driving and jumping out to walk and take shots 75-100 yards from the road; I can't imagine they had as much fun as my hiking group did, though.

Great unit. PM me & I'll send you a spot with an awesome campsite. Like mentioned. Get out and walk away from roads and they just start to appear...
Atoyot,
Im hoping to draw Unit 73 this season splitting 12-P/Pnts. with a friend. I saw your previous post and was wondering if you could possibly share the Campsite info? I just got a Forest River Aframe Camper and considering going DIY. I've studied the Unit on Delorine map but going in somewhat blind. Would appreciate any info. you might share.

Atoyot,
Im hoping to draw Unit 73 this season splitting 12-P/Pnts. with a friend. I saw your previous post and was wondering if you could possibly share the Campsite info? I just got a Forest River Aframe Camper and considering going DIY. I've studied the Unit on Delorine map but going in somewhat blind. Would appreciate any info. you might share.
Hunted it last year. Go to the western half of the unit. There are several places on the ridges with trees you can tuck into a small camper and have a nice spot. You will need onX as it is a mix of checkerboard. We got permission to hunt like 4/5k acres for $50 from a rancher. Good hunt, nice pronghorn in there and a lot of them.