First rounds fired through new Browning Xbolt 6.5 PRC

IMG_0825.jpeg

This is the first 5-shot group of 160 gr handliads out of one of my X-bolts.
The old group below it is the first 140 gr handload I tried.
I have two identical X-bolts that shoot these initial loads like this.

Congrats on your new Browning.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I was thrilled. I suppose I'll still try the other ammo I have already purchased but it will be hard to beat this.

Very nice. I've been impressed with my recent norma for its price for sure and that's a sweet rifle setup. My tikka is shooting 10 shots of golden target into 1.0-1.3 moa quite good for factory ammo.

Xbolt are a bit of a dark horse for factory rifles I think they are under rated

There's 3 in that group.

This is not a brag on myself, but I really wasn't even trying to get a maximally right group. I just wanted to basically see how it shot and see if it liked this ammo, so to get 3 in somewhere around a half inch was just crazy. Especially being dead on target after one scope adjustment and being only the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds fired through it. It's really a brag on the gun and perhaps the ammo.
Good group but personally I don't trust 3 shot groups. Maybe 4 of them on the same exact target but not one. I've seen it so many times where a rifle will shoot a load into a crazy small group. Talking .3 or less and then come to find out it's truly a 1.25 load over more testing. I've got to where I don't trust a load until several outings/ groups. Around 20 shots. Hint- this is most rifle/loads.