First part of my build arrived last week

HoytFlinger

Got lots more to order, but here is the action. Barrel getting ordered next payday. The wife is making me do this bits at a time. I am already excited about the build just by receiving the action. Can't wait to get all the other parts. Sorry about the crappy cellphone pic.

BadgerM2008Lapua.jpg

Did you get the action through badger or did you find someone that has them in stock ?

I got it direct from Badger. They shipped it the day after I ordered it. It is the Lapua action. I don't know if they had the other sizes in stock.

I am going to have a 338 Norma built. I went with Badger for several reasons. One being the integral dual recoil lugs. It has a .780 bolt body. Everything Badger makes is extremely heavy duty. I just wanted something different than the standard round Remington 700 style action. You could probably nail in railroad spikes with this action. It is built like a tank out of 4143 steel. The rail is built from ordnance steel. I guess I like things that are different than your ordinary run of the mill looking stuff.

Jon Beanland will be doing the build. Last I got from him was 10-14 weeks turnaround. Yeah the wife knows the time. It will be a while as I have to get the parts one at a time. She just doesn't understand this disease of having to have a custom.

My barrel should ship Monday per bugholes. I went with an Obermeyer AMU blank. It is going to be a heavy one. Time to start hitting the gym.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.