7mm stw build finlley order it last week

yamadog

Bat action , Bell & Carlsonl Medalist Stock , Krieger Barrels 28" , muzzle brake and chamber in 7mm STW . do you guy and girls think that be a good build or junk thanks NT

Last edited:
Re: what you think about this rifle build

yamadog,
I don't personally have any experience with any of those components or that cartridge. They are all well known, proven, quality parts though. They should make a fine rifle if a top-notch, qualified gunsmith assembles it. Do you have a particular gunsmith in mind? JohnnyK.

Re: what you think about this rifle build

Bat and Kreiger are top of the line stuff. a Bell and Carlson stock is not a worthy platform to use with the action and barrel that you have. not saying it won't work, just saying something like a Manners or McMillan stock would be more in line with the theme of "top shelf" items.

Re: what you think about this rifle build 7mm stw

well i finlley order it last week
Broughton barrel 29" heavy palm
BAT Repeater
manners MCS-T4A ,
yah Not sure what brand
williams fiaarms 0ne piece
7MM stw tight neck
jewell
night force nxs 5.5-22-56 undecided on reticule
bat base ring combe 30 MOA
mark king
$3,700 ball park (with out scope)

Last edited:
Re: what you think about this rifle build 7mm stw

well i finlley order it last week
Broughton barrel 29" heavy palm
BAT Repeater
manners MCS-T4A , carbon fiber finish
yah Not sure what brand
williams fiaarms 0ne piece
7MM stw tight neck
jewell
night force nxs 5.5-22-56 undecided on reticule
bat base ring combe 30 MOA
mark king
$3,700 ball park (with out scope)

Sounds pretty awesome! I have a Manners with the carbon fiber clear coat finish and it is wicked cool!!

yamadog,
If you don't mind some input, I would go with no more than 20 MOA base as you have more than enough dial up in that scope. I would also recommend the 50mm objective instead of the 56mm for the Nightforce scope.

yamadog,
Depending on the distances you plan to shoot, the 20 MOA will put your scope more optically centered than the 30 MOA.
I personally don't have a 20MOA rail on my 7 STW and don't have any trouble dialing out to 800-1000yards with my Huskemaw scope.
So, my feeling is that the 30 MOA rail is alittle overkill.
As far as the 56mm objective I feel it might mount to high for you, and that you would be happier with the 50mm.

Stupid manners need to cheange their web site they don't offer the carbon fiber gel coat finich on thier MCS-t4a stocks any more .

well i just talk to the gun smith he got every thing in except for the action so hopeful ly it comes in soon

well i should be able to pick it up next week finely keeping finger crossed he right on the time this time gun)

You will love the 7mm STW. I have five of them and they are great shooters at long range. All mine were built before there was a STW though. Mine are 7mm-8mm rem mags. Glad they made the name more simple. The best 7mm you can get before you start eating barrels alive.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts