First hunt out west/ reasonable price

Colorado Premier Outfitters keep a pretty high success rate and hunt on a mix of private and public land.
Two testimonials are from one TV show, the third is from one of their guides. The guide bio page shows them all in the same grip and grin picture. Have you hunted with these folks?

Cody Carr Hunting Adventures in Montana. He has 2 camps now, only one when we hunted there, all free range hunting good elk and mule deer hunting, you can even shoot a white tail if its big enough and they get big out there.

FYI you're hunting on public lands with Mr Carr. Went with him in 2017 I believe. Record rain that October since 1955. That of course has nothing to do with the outfitter.

Two testimonials are from one TV show, the third is from one of their guides. The guide bio page shows them all in the same grip and grin picture. Have you hunted with these folks?
I used to work with one of them and just talked to the guy about their hunts every week.

Also from pa I've planned for years to just go out prairie dog hunting and get a doe tag or whatever is available and fill it while making contacts and hopefully leave knowing what to do with a bull/buck tag the next year. Every year something stupid happens to delay it.
Biff. Just book a Prairie Dog Shoot and forget the rest. Lots MORE FUN.
No license to buy most places. No silly bag limit. No minimum size😁

Cody Carr area in general steep and thick timber. But he does have access to the lower more private easy type elk too. But they push back into the thickstuff.

Biff. Just book a Prairie Dog Shoot and forget the rest. Lots MORE FUN.
No license to buy most places. No silly bag limit. No minimum size😁
You can work in some really outstanding coyote hunting in the same spots if you have the right lights or thermals.

PD shoots are like ringing a dinner bell for coyotes, bobcats, skunks, coons etc.

At my old place in Timberlake SD we had some awesome hunts from 98-2012. Farmers around there hated the Antelope too because they would pee all over their fresh cut alfalfa.

Just make sure you know where you are because the reservation game wardens don't have much of a sense of humor. 😀

You can work in some really outstanding coyote hunting in the same spots if you have the right lights or thermals.

PD shoots are like ringing a dinner bell for coyotes, bobcats, skunks, coons etc.

At my old place in Timberlake SD we had some awesome hunts from 98-2012. Farmers around there hated the Antelope too because they would pee all over their fresh cut alfalfa.

Just make sure you know where you are because the reservation game wardens don't have much of a sense of humor. 😀
I dont hunt the REZ or the RoseDud because of the rez game wardens. lt was required to hire a ''guide'' when we were there. He also had a cousin who was a ''warden''. Paid him too🤑

I dont hunt the REZ or the RoseDud because of the rez game wardens. lt was required to hire a ''guide'' when we were there. He also had a cousin who was a ''warden''. Paid him too🤑
I was lucky, the warden there at Timberlake was a great guy who happened to love my German Shorthairs. On more than one occasion he'd drive me out to where there was a really nice buck he thought was past his prime and needed to be taken.

You do not want to make the mistake though of being on Indian Land without the right license etc. Some of those wardens have a really bad attitude towards white folks, especially those from out of state.

Some of the best Mule Deer and Elk Hunting in the world is on Reservations in NM where they've carefully managed the herds but you gotta be one of the Big Boys to pay for those "Big Boys".

You can hunt private land for a decade for less, or public land for a lifetime for less.

Sounds like a great trip!
Yes it was the most comfortable hunt I've been on With an Outfitter in a long time
Shot a nice 6 x 6 and ate some of the best food ever all cooked on a woodstove Man that lady out there could cook she wouldn't fry three dozen eggs each morning!!!
Delicious cakes and steaks
Whew i'm about to talk myself into going back up there😊

My wife experienced a great hunt with High Top Outfitters here in Utah. She had 22 resident points and drew a late season hunt. Her guide worked super hard and she was able to harvest a great 6x6 bull.
Her bull

Attachments

• 30FFE1D3-2333-455B-A014-CC97E565502F.jpeg
    30FFE1D3-2333-455B-A014-CC97E565502F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39