First hunt out west/ reasonable price

This is why you have to talk to several past customers. Also see what season they hunted. Some spots are great early , not so much later in the season. We are booked out into 2025 by 100 percent word of mouth and return customers. There is a reason most out fitters are at the sports shows making promises. Also check with your local fish and game. They will have a list of outfitters who are running a fully legal operation. Lots of fly by night guides out there who are not permitted, or insured. Also think about their bond. With out that you have no protection to get your deposit back if they fold up shop. In today's market a fully guided bull elk hunt will be a minimum of 5k. As another member already stated... You most likely do not want a 2k hunt. You get what you pay for in many ways.

This is why you have to talk to several past customers. Also see what season they hunted. Some spots are great early , not so much later in the season. We are booked out into 2025 by 100 percent word of mouth and return customers. There is a reason most out fitters are at the sports shows making promises. Also check with your local fish and game. They will have a list of outfitters who are running a fully legal operation. Lots of fly by night guides out there who are not permitted, or insured. Also think about their bond. With out that you have no protection to get your deposit back if they fold up shop. In today's market a fully guided bull elk hunt will be a minimum of 5k. As another member already stated... You most likely do not want a 2k hunt. You get what you pay for in many ways.

Great information sir. I'd say a good outfitter does not have to spend money to bring in clients gets booked by return customers and references like this.

My wife experienced a great hunt with High Top Outfitters here in Utah. She had 22 resident points and drew a late season hunt. Her guide worked super hard and she was able to harvest a great 6x6 bull.

How difficult is a Canadian hunt considering border restrictions and covid?
I honestly dont know now. I know the Canadians are coming back south this fall as they head to warmer country. In laws are snow birds and have said the Canadians are coming back. There is a place in Wa up the Methow Valley its a grocery store, and I have never seen such an amazing collection of private animals including African in one place. His Muley's and Whiteys are just jaw dropping with "Alberta". A gunsmith I used told me about it and I stopped in a few years ago knows him very well and has hunted with the guy. Flippen Amazing all out in the public for anyone to look at.

How difficult is a Canadian hunt considering border restrictions and covid?
Restrictions are lifted both ways right now. Canada is not even allowing testing on anyone but essential services. With both shots quarantine is down to 5 days if you have covid/ covid symptoms....If things don't change its well past worrying about covid being anything more than a FLU.Alberta is an extremely easy province to enter for hunters with licenses. Always keep in mind that Handguns are not allowed with you or in your luggage!