First Hog of 2015: 135 lbs and 170 Yards

brewski,

in 17 years i'll probably be dead. thanks for reminding me!

no hunting last night... gun maintenance. maybe tonight.

I was just wondering what the exact model on that scope was. I may chose to buy one instead of sending one of my boys to college. he might just have to go to tech school if its free. Obama is trying to get it that way. so maybe he is worth something. I could get this scope out of the deal!

Well, it kind of looks like we hijacked poor old Double Nought's site so am going back to "In the Ear?, Really??" and post my Irrelevant remarks there.

Double nought...apologies, very nice hog so let's see some more of them more frequently. From what I've seen with djones, most of the big ones are coming out at night, so plan of forgetting what sleep is and getting bags as big as suitcases under your eye's like he has!

Packrat!

ME??? i think YOU are the one who used your back stage pass to edit his vid. instead of filling this poor man's thread with love sonnets why don't y'all just get a room!!!

I appreciate a little love. It gets lonely out in the field after a few days. That probably didn't come out as I meant it to come out...

I was just wondering what the exact model on that scope was. I may chose to buy one instead of sending one of my boys to college. he might just have to go to tech school if its free. Obama is trying to get it that way. so maybe he is worth something. I could get this scope out of the deal!

Hey Brewer,

For shooting in the ear (even if I have to go through the neck first to get there), LOL, I am using an Armasight Zeus 3, 640x480 resolution, 75mm lens, 30 hz frame rate. It has an optical zoom of 3x but can be digitally multiplied 2, 4, and 8 times for simulated 6x, 12x, and 24x. As you can see in the video, as you zoom in, the resolution reduces. So this is a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. Still, with 640x480 resolution, you don't get much pixelation at that distance and up to 4 times (12x simulated) zoom.

Changing gears a bit, I have a new video recorder to attach to the scope and hope to get those annoying interference lines removed from my next vids.

I appreciate a little love. It gets lonely out in the field after a few days. That probably didn't come out as I meant it to come out...

****, doublenought, I sure hope not, I don't think you could pass the physical I require of my dates!....ROFL..

And don't mind djones, he's just upset that the day before yesterday he was 25 and today he's somewhere over 60 and his main claim to fame is that he lives in an area over run with Feral Hogs. Without the hogs, if he lived near a landfill or county dump and LRH had a rat forum, he'd be posting pictures of his rat kills. Well, at least the BIG rats!....You know what, lets change that to Mice...Rats are too close to Packrats and I don't want to give him any ideas.

Packrat

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.