First Hog of 2015: 135 lbs and 170 Yards

Double Naught Spy

[ame="http://youtu.be/NXhnA_RY9Jg"]2015 Spotted Hog - Capre Sus - YouTube[/ame]

This was one of 3 hogs that had been coming to the feeder in the last couple of weeks. This one was a loner and the other two came as a pair. This one had been by most recently on the previous day, but at 4:00 am. I wasn't staying until 4:00 am, and luckily he showed up around 9:30 pm.

He obviously wasn't interested in the feeder's offerings and wanting a snack from the bone yard where the landowner and recently thrown the remains of the last butchered deer from deer season. While I did not realize it at the time, the hog was searching for a way down the very steep cliff face when I finally shot him.

The pic with all the other bones are some of my kills from 2014.

I hope you enjoy the video!

very cool. liked the vid so much i played it in slow motion. however, while examining it frame by frame, i noticed what i think might be a subliminal message spliced into the vid. what's up with that???

angryrat_zps7de18dfa.jpg

Nice hog and nice shooting. Sorry you had to catch the overflow from "In the Ear, Really"........ROFL...

Nice job of photo bucket or whatever you call it djones...And nice Psycology..You knew I'd eventually have to check out this hog so you sandbagged me ahead of time...Good Job..Almost as sneaky as I would do....:D

Packrat

Mouse.gif

ME??? i think YOU are the one who used your back stage pass to edit his vid. instead of filling this poor man's thread with love sonnets why don't y'all just get a room!!!

I checked and there was no room at the Inn. Darned star didn't show up in the East either!

Packrat!

wherever there are pictures of dead hogs, there are Packrat and DJones!!

Nice hog. wish we had them in Kansas.

Thanks for sticking up for me packrat. I have a wife and three young boys! but when they go to college I'll be comming down to hunt!! just need about 17 more years!! You still going to be hog hunting Djones?

3 young boys? About time you took up another hobby, you're not going to be able to afford to put 3 of them through college as it is. Why don't you start learning how to build gun parts or something......become a part time machinist and learn another trade, cause to put them through college, your'e going to be working at least 2 jobs...:D

Packrat

3 young boys? About time you took up another hobby, you're not going to be able to afford to put 3 of them through college as it is. Why don't you start learning how to build gun parts or something......become a part time machinist and learn another trade, cause to put them through college, your'e going to be working at least 2 jobs...:D

Packrat

I should do that! I like the gun parts Idea. now I just need someone to sell them to!lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.