First groups with 6.5-284 LSR

G

The targets are in. These are some of the first groups with my Chris Matthews built 6.5-284 LSR. I'll attempt to put the pics in order.

HEre goes

First group was .230
IMG_2639_s.jpg

NExt Group was .160
IMG_2638_s.jpg

LAst but not least. Ok dont laugh but I have no clue how to measure this one

IMG_2641_s.jpg

All were 3 shot groups the top target was actually 4 shots shot at 100 Yards. I shot and cleaned after every round for the first 6 rounds. Then the barrel spoke to me and said enough of that...I'm ready to shoot. And shoot it did.

What can I say...that last group had me thinking I shot on another target but it was there.

All I can say is THANK YOU CHRIS!!! To say I'm happy is an understatement. All this with New virgin Lapua brass. Necks cleaned up and F/L resized.

Anyway...Time to go change my shorts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

And no...No Chrono Data. My Birthday is in 4 days so I'm askin for an Ohler (sp) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

That's great, and I'm envious, but----where do you go from here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

First picture: Nice group.
Second picture: Sorry the bullet is going throught the target sideways.
Third picture:Looks like you have the keyhole problem figured out but where are the other bullet holes?

Sorry the new gun ain't working out. It looked really nice in the pictures. If you want to unload it I'll give you a new bottle of coppermelt for it. Should be able to recoop my investment if I part it out.

Yust yoking (thats sweedish for Just joking) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That is the kind of LR gun we dream about owning. Good luck with the pants problem.

Sure thing

50.0 Gr H4831SC
OAL 2.975
Fed GM210M Primers
Necks turned for clean up
Loaded Neck Dia .294
Unloaded Neck Dia .292
Neck Thickness .016
OAL With Stoney Point 3.386

All cases were trimed to clean up the mouths to 2.161 Orig length was 2.162 or so.
Flash holes and primer pockets cleaned out as well.

Think thats it

Oh..Lapua Brass..New

Joe

Now I know what's wrong with that last group! Get you some good remington brass and you can see those other bullet holes!!!!! Just kiddin good group!Your shooting sure makes the builder look good.

Not to be picky, cause those are great groups, but you group measurments are a BIT generous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

first one is .325" easy.

dont have a guess on that last one though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aint it great when you get your first real ZERO group -- they dont happen often so hang on to that one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CHeers,
JB

Hey JB

Funny thing. I looked at the picture on my monitor and it is bigger for some reason than the original target the 10 ring is 1 inch Wonder if thats why it seems bigger??? Pretty sure I measured right.

But anyway, I'm very happy with the groups

BTW Love your website

Joe

[ QUOTE ]
Hey JB

Funny thing. I looked at the picture on my monitor and it is bigger for some reason than the original target the 10 ring is 1 inch Wonder if thats why it seems bigger??? Pretty sure I measured right.

But anyway, I'm very happy with the groups

BTW Love your website

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first of all, shoot n c's are the WORST for measuring groups!

Second, a bullet almost NEVER leave a caliber sized hole in the paper (your .263 bullet probably made a .240 hole on that stuff

no computer issues--look at the groups...
1st - the shot to the left clearly fits between the outside shots with lots of leeway - .240 bullet + mebbe .100 extra

2nd group - again looks like the center shot is about centered on the outside 2 so ~.240 group

anywho, i just help out on the site -- Mr Moderator does 99.99% of the work!

ALso, unless you have a fairly short throat (bullet crammed in the case pretty far) you could definately up your charge -- i am only getting low 2900's with 51.9 of 4831SC -- im guessing 2800 with your load

sure likes to shoot bugholes though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have fun with your new rig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

lablover,
Awesome groups!!
but how about you take the dime off the target so we can see the flyer...LOL.. just kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you've got untorn paper inbetween bullets,with a .264 caliber your group can't be any better than .264.
I assume you are measuring center to center.

never the less awesome groups!!
how I would go about measuring the bottom group would be to measure the whole size to the furthest outside tear in the paper and then subtract your bullet diameter,but then again who really cares it's a one whole group.
308nate

Jb100 and 308 nate

Thanks for makin it clearer to me. Never thought of those shoot n c to do that. I'm fairly a rookie at this so I'm learnin. Thanks for the additional load data as well. Might give er a try. You have no idea how thrilled I am.

Duhhh Makes perfect sense now too...Just looked at them a seconed time .264 dia bullet I get it now.

Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts