First Elk

Jzeblaz

Hey guys,

I've learned a lot from you all over the years. I'm finally posting something to share. My hunting partner and I headed to Wyoming last month in search of wilderness elk. We had an awesome time and both connected! We had practiced out to 600+ yards in the event that was the only shot we had. Of course, we both drew putts. His was 100 yards in heavy timber and mine as maybe 50 yards, also in timber. The bulls were still bugling and that really gets the blood flowing when you're that close to these monsters. Buddy shot his with a 338 Win Mag and mine was with a 280 Remington. Both with Barnes bullets, TTSX and LRX respectively. The 280 slugs were recovered the 338 were not.

-Jzeblaz

Attachments

• 20141016_092303.jpg
    20141016_092303.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 59
Dang that is nice!!! Rose, WY for the next one?????:D:D:D
I'm the tag along remember? You tell me and I'll find a way to get there!

I'm definitely back in for NM. That was just too much fun. I'd nearly forgotten how much I loved the people back there.

Tell them boys I've got the deer tied to a tree waiting on them to bring the kids out!

I'm not even going to kill one for myself till they are through unless it's in self defense gun)

Hey guys,

I've learned a lot from you all over the years. I'm finally posting something to share. My hunting partner and I headed to Wyoming last month in search of wilderness elk. We had an awesome time and both connected! We had practiced out to 600+ yards in the event that was the only shot we had. Of course, we both drew putts. His was 100 yards in heavy timber and mine as maybe 50 yards, also in timber. The bulls were still bugling and that really gets the blood flowing when you're that close to these monsters. Buddy shot his with a 338 Win Mag and mine was with a 280 Remington. Both with Barnes bullets, TTSX and LRX respectively. The 280 slugs were recovered the 338 were not.

-Jzeblaz
I'm going to show my ignorance and just ask. What is a "Putt"? Wyo slang for bull?

I'm going to show my ignorance and just ask. What is a "Putt"? Wyo slang for bull?

Golf term for being on the green, close to the hole :D

Beautiful first elk. Congrats and a close shot is nothing to be ashamed of... Ever. Just means you both did some excellent hunting. If you wouldn't have practiced to 600+, that's how far they'd have probably been! Well done! Great image!

Golf term for being on the green, close to the hole :D

Beautiful first elk. Congrats and a close shot is nothing to be ashamed of... Ever. Just means you both did some excellent hunting. If you wouldn't have practiced to 600+, that's how far they'd have probably been! Well done! Great image!
Ahh I knew that, just never heard it applied in terms of shooting HA!

Asking questions is how we learn. Thanks.

Ahh I knew that, just never heard it applied in terms of shooting HA!

Asking questions is how we learn. Thanks.

Lol... It honestly wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never knew what the word putt was. I prefer the word mutt, especially in a sentence like.... The mutt was coming in fast at my ecaller and I sent a round directly into her skull.

Rather be out yote hunting than golfing any day! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts