First Duracoat Project finished at 2am last night...

engineer40

I've been wanting to try coating a firearm for a long time. Before I do one of my rifles I figured I'd start with this old super cheap revolver as my test. Turned out nice!

Glad I started with a gun I didn't care about much. I definitely learned a few things that I will remember for next time. I'm still happy with the results. :D

Before:

IMG_20150916_195913_529.jpg

After sandblasting:

IMG_20150918_201721_210.jpg

Boom! Flat OD Green and Tactical Flat Black:

IMG_20150919_101524_883.jpg

Very nice! Like the colors so much I had a long gun coated in the same scheme.

Thanks!

Looks like it turned out good. Now you'll want to let it cure for a month before starting to use it.

No doubt. The waiting is horrible. I have a calendar reminder set so I'll know when it's been 6 weeks. Funny I haven't shot this gun in a year. Now that I've put some effort into it, I can't wait to shoot it next!

Last night I did park 2 sets of construction lights 5 feet on both sides of it to keep it warm and the humidity off. The gun stayed a nice and cozy 110 degrees (I used a infrared thermometer).

Nicely done!gun)

Thanks guys!

The only problem with it is now I like it more than I used to and it makes me want to make a real wood grips for it. Nobody sells aftermarket grips for it so I would have to make them myself.

I already put too much effort into a few cheap firearms I have. So I'm trying to be OK with those plastic grips.

But dang! Every time I look at it I think how much nicer it would be with real wood! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.