First build questions

I think I decided on the 6XC for now. I'm going to have a SwitchLug installed so I can change calibers if desired down the road. I ended up getting in on the group buy Manners did so the price wasn't terrible. Now I just have to wait for the stock to be finished
Wait time?

For 2-300 yards and working out of a short barrel, 6.8 SPC II might be something to look at if you can get that bolt face. I have box ammo loaded with Barnes solids and that stuff works.

I don't know anything about 6XC but I imagine boxed hunting ammo is harder to find.

If you have to go with a standard bolt face, 308 isn't exotic but it will fit, you can get box ammo with non lead bullets and 308 will let you expand the range a bit.

The only reason against it might be bullet cost if you are reloading but I haven't priced 6mm vs 6.8mm vs 308 Barnes bullets.

7mm08 might be very good too.

I know 308 is a pretty good short barrel option but if you reduce the bore you might end up essentially wasting powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.