first attempt

Went out yesterday cutting fireawood and took some rifles with us. .270, 270wsm, 308, 300win mag, 300rum. 270 had open sights, 270wsm has a 4.5-14 ballistic plex, and the other three had run of the mill variables. Well just for giggles we decided to place a target out there. 754yards away. Well we never hit the target, but got close. I know close doesnt count, but it was fun trying. Gave me an idea of what type of optics I would need. Its clear that a turret scope is a must at the very least.. we enjoyed the fun of "trying" to use kentucky windage after we realized nothing was even coming close. Anyhow it was fun as hell and can only be better when we start hitting the target...

-Hardcorehunter5

how big of target? why did you not hit it? how accurate are your rifles? how close to your trajectory are your stadia? why 754? seem s easier and less ammo wasted if you worked your way back.

There is no such thing as wasting ammo. we were on the ranch and the valley we were in 754 was a the max distance. I was looking on a new caliber to buy either a 300win mag or a 300rum and was just testing recoil from my buddies guns. The distance was just for fun basically. Target was a Le handgun qualify cardboard target with some shoot and see stickers. At no point did I believe we were goign to hit it, especially at that distance

a remington sendero and a leup 6.5-20 with a turret. plus a rangefinder. youh will hit it every time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.