First Antelope

IdahoJoe

Well It has been three years since I got to go big game hunting but I made it out last week. We took the family out and camped and had a pretty easy vacation. I took two of my nephews out for the opener and it wasn't the first buck we saw but they could hardly stand it any more so I shot. not exactly long range 307 yrds but we all had a good time.

Attachments

• antelope.jpg
    antelope.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 142
Good for you. The memory's on a hunt like this are what counts! I get just as much joy if not more joy, helping another hunter fill there tag ( helping them find and stalk the animal and packing it) as I do filling my own.

Congrats!

A little clarification.

I was doing the hunting I just took them along. It was their first time big game hunting and they really wanted to see me shoot something so after an hour or so I shot this buck. They helped me dress the carcass and the works.

I still have a few tags to fill this year so I figured it would be worth the loss of a trophy animal for them to have that opportunity.

A little clarification.

I was doing the hunting I just took them along. It was their first time big game hunting and they really wanted to see me shoot something so after an hour or so I shot this buck. They helped me dress the carcass and the works.

I still have a few tags to fill this year so I figured it would be worth the loss of a trophy animal for them to have that opportunity.

I agree with the loss. You cant eat horns anyway... They are just a added benefit! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.