First antelope

BBkiller89

Hey guys been on here for awhile lurking and decided to introduce myself.

2021 Wyoming was my first ever antelope hunt. Living in Oregon it takes a lifetime to get a tag and I burned my pts in Wyoming with a couple friends and made the trip out.

Opening day I found this buck first thing. My friend has hunted antelope all over the west and being our first morning talked me into passing. I loved his big prongs and decided to pass and hope I could turn him up if we didn't find better. We covered the unit the first day just looking at country and a hour before dark we were heading back towards the area this buck was in. I told him if we could find him I was going to try and fill my tag. Well luck was on my side and we turned him up after one shot I had my first ever antelope! He doesn't have much for height but his prongs are awesome and just to good to pass twice.
IMG_9135.jpeg

I'd have to look at the map again. South of Cody.

I got set up and the final range was 711 yards. One shot and he was down. I practice and shoot often and with the calm conditions that evening felt 100% confident in the shot. The bad part is the wife killed a great got the next year in New Mexico and makes mine look small!