Finally got some action

Its pretty slow around my bait, I need to adjust my camera too apparently...either that of I have some really short bears... I am going up tonight to sit on the bait till dark. It will probably be my last try for the season and I will pick it up again this fall if I dont put one down.
080.jpg

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/green4x4machine/album 2/?action=view&current=080.jpg

What gun are you using? Do you have a dedicated bear setup?

Something tells me you are one of the last people on earth to be 'under-gunned'... gun)

What gun are you using? Do you have a dedicated bear setup?

Something tells me you are one of the last people on earth to be 'under-gunned'... gun)

Funny you ask... I am using a 375 ultra mag with 270 grain TSX...its not a dedicated bear rifle but I think itll get the job done IF i can actually see a bear!

... a 375 ultra mag with 270 grain TSX...

Yup, that'll get the job done for sure! Always figure I'll get a 375 Ultra one of these days. Just doesn't leave any questions unanswered...

Only negative I see with that gun, is you are going to have an awful hard time in ever retrieving a bullet from a downed animal. :rolleyes: But if you ever do then you just shot a bruiser!

Yup, that'll get the job done for sure! Always figure I'll get a 375 Ultra one of these days. Just doesn't leave any questions unanswered...

Only negative I see with that gun, is you are going to have an awful hard time in ever retrieving a bullet from a downed animal. :rolleyes: But if you ever do then you just shot a bruiser!

my bait it on a fairly steep hill side so maybe i can dig one out of the dirt... This is my second 375 ultra, the first one was an XCR and I had a brake put on it which was done by a pretty incompetent gunsmith sho messed it up and had to cut it down to 23.5 from the origional 24" it also shot like crap afterwords and still kicked horribly (like give you a headache after a few rounds horrible) so I scraped it then I founf the one I have now which was an LSS with a 26" I restocked it added a good brake and trigger and I love it. Shoots .5"-.75" groups. It is one of my favorites. I think you should get one they are a lot of fun. Recoil isnt bad with a good brake either

... so maybe i can dig one out of the dirt... ... It is one of my favorites. I think you should get one they are a lot of fun. Recoil isnt bad with a good brake either

I shot a bull a couple years back in an extremely dense aspen forest with a 338wm loaded with 225 ttsx's ... i knew right where I shot and afterwards I swore I could find the exact tree the bullet went in after it passed through. searched for a couple hours and never found it.

Although I would think finding your bullet hole in the dirt right behind the animal would be easier than searching for the lone toothpick in the forest!

And crap, you talked me in to it... I guess I better start a 375 ultra piggy bank. Life is just too short to live without a fun gun like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.