Finally got it done.

Ol' Red,
Was looking at possibly a full body mount. Then I thought maybe a half body mount. $3500 and $2400 dollars respectively. Then I got realistic and decided there was no really good place in my house to put it. So, I am having a rug made. I have a 9 foot ceiling in my basement and it should fit on a wall.
That's the way I would go too. My wife gives me crap about not having a bear rug. I have passed up a few over the years for various reasons. "Too for from camp", "Too Small", "Getting late and I don't want to haul it out of that place". I better get it together and collect my bear for a rug. I'd love to see a picture of yours on the wall.

Ol' Red,
I won't get it for about a year. There is a tannery in town, but it is 8 months to get the hide done because their work force is half what it used to be. There never used to be a tannery in that town and we used to have to send hides out of state. Now there is one in town and we still have a long wait. However, I think a year's wait is pretty normal. The taxidermist told me he is even having a harder times getting his animal forms because of production. Let's go Brandon.

Ol' Red,
I won't get it for about a year. There is a tannery in town, but it is 8 months to get the hide done because their work force is half what it used to be. There never used to be a tannery in that town and we used to have to send hides out of state. Now there is one in town and we still have a long wait. However, I think a year's wait is pretty normal. The taxidermist told me he is even having a harder times getting his animal forms because of production. Let's go Brandon.
We have a tanner in Casper, Wy, but he is almost a year to get a hide back as well. He is one of the few taxidermist's that tans his own hides and skins in our area.

Last edited:
Congrads on a Huge Montana Bear !

Wife and I hunt the Spring every year and see 9 to 12 bears a year . Not a single one could top that Bruin !
Cant wait to show her the pictures !
She will love it !
Thank you for sharing this !

Rum Man