FINALLY got a rifle to learn LR shooting with

Great looking gun. I have a 300 rum in a sendero. Its a shooter. I really like it. Lots of options for trigger replacement. The x mark had a recall so I put a timney in and am pleased. I bed the scope rail on all my rifles also. My 300 rum is getting a new barrel this year and I am adding a muzzle brake. Good one piece base and rings are needed. I had problems early on with cheaper rings coming loose and a cheaper scope holding up to the recoil.

Great Choice !
Just a few changes like said above and your on your way!
I put one of the 300 ultra long range parts rifle together just to shoot a milk jug at Mile ! Yup 1760 yards !! It was so much fun !
Good dose of Nv570 a 230 berger @ 3036 ft.per.sec and dial up your scope and have fun ! Yes I have a Brake on mine !
I ran a 20 moa base with a Nightforce 20 min uni mount and a Burris Xtr ii 5 x 25 x 50
I was just looking for a 60 min.rail this morning! Maybe 2000 ...2500 yard try with the Rum !!

Rum Man

Yep! Check it out. I even like to bed my scope to the rings.

Thanks for the video!
Great looking gun. I have a 300 rum in a sendero. Its a shooter. I really like it. Lots of options for trigger replacement. The x mark had a recall so I put a timney in and am pleased. I bed the scope rail on all my rifles also. My 300 rum is getting a new barrel this year and I am adding a muzzle brake. Good one piece base and rings are needed. I had problems early on with cheaper rings coming loose and a cheaper scope holding up to the recoil.
I had a Sendero SF-II in .300 RUM wayyy back in 2010, and its the reason I wanted this one so badly!

Ive never been much on muzzle brakes at all. Yet, for the purpose I have now, I believe it will be helpful.

Some of you may remember me mentioning this before, but this is one of the main reasons I wanted a "target" rifle:

ALL Guns will shoot 5 – 2.5" (60mm) clays at 330 yds. 5 – 3.5" (90mm) clays at 425 yds. and 5 – 4.5" clays at 500 yds.

Targets will be shot in 3 relays: 300 yards, 400 yards and 500 yards. 7 rounds 5 minutes each relay. Targets will be scored after each relay to give time to cool barrels. Can only have 7 rounds on bench when relay starts, shooters having more than 7 rounds will be disqualified for that relay. No replacement for misfire. AR platform rifles will be given time to load clip (7 rounds only). Auto tie breakers are by yardage target size to be determined at shoot off.

You can read about the competition here:

Great Choice !
Just a few changes like said above and your on your way!
I put one of the 300 ultra long range parts rifle together just to shoot a milk jug at Mile ! Yup 1760 yards !! It was so much fun !
Good dose of Nv570 a 230 berger @ 3036 ft.per.sec and dial up your scope and have fun ! Yes I have a Brake on mine !
I ran a 20 moa base with a Nightforce 20 min uni mount and a Burris Xtr ii 5 x 25 x 50
I was just looking for a 60 min.rail this morning! Maybe 2000 ...2500 yard try with the Rum !!

Rum Man
That sounds amazing! Wow, a mile! Was yours 1:10 ? I ask because of the 230 grain bullet.....a mile, holy sheet!

I took my 300 Rum Stainless Sendero to a long range competition and it hooked me on long range forever !
I changed the stock, trigger to a timney and put talley one piece light rings on with a Vx-3 6.5 x 20 x 50 lr that I had . It was my hunting gun . We shot 70 rounds that day ! No brake on my rifle at the time . I used factory Nosler 210 ablr ammo and the rifle loved them .
Now I reload for my rifles !
You are going to have a great time with this Rifle !!

Rum Man

If you don't like the brake or need it you can always take it off and put a thread protector on. I understand why some people don't like them. My uncle calls a muzzle brake a loudener. 😆

Well I see your only shooting 300 , 400 500 .
You are Definitely going to need a Brake !
Better try the T-3 Termanator or the T-4 Terminator. Hands down my favorite one .
I'm excited for you ! Please keep us in the loop on your progress or pit falls .

Rum Man

It's a Remington 700 Long Range in .300 RUM. This is one that was suggested when I asked awhile back. For now I'm going to swap my Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 onto it, but plan to get something better. The fella I got it from said it shoots the 220 ELD-X into a 1/2" at 100.

So, am I on the right track ? Suggestions for what to do next? Should I get a 20 moa base 1-piece with rings, or do a Weaver mount and rings separate?

Thanks

View attachment 226368
I would get a brake for sure .

Well I see your only shooting 300 , 400 500 .
You are Definitely going to need a Brake !
Better try the T-3 Termanator or the T-4 Terminator. Hands down my favorite one .
I'm excited for you ! Please keep us in the loop on your progress or pit falls .

Rum Man
Yeah, I will do 1000, after I get some trigger time at 500. I don't want to make those long *** drives until I can at least hit the target haha Long distance is rare in this area, but Im going to start finding places to shoot. I want to learn long range, and I'm not letting the drives stop me anymore.

It's a Remington 700 Long Range in .300 RUM. This is one that was suggested when I asked awhile back. For now I'm going to swap my Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 onto it, but plan to get something better. The fella I got it from said it shoots the 220 ELD-X into a 1/2" at 100.

So, am I on the right track ? Suggestions for what to do next? Should I get a 20 moa base 1-piece with rings, or do a Weaver mount and rings separate?

Thanks

View attachment 226368
20 minute rail quality scope and rings bed the action learn to hand load and you will be well on your way

Yeah, I will do 1000, after I get some trigger time at 500. I don't want to make those long *** drives until I can at least hit the target haha Long distance is rare in this area, but Im going to start finding places to shoot. I want to learn long range, and I'm not letting the drives stop me anymore.
I'm running the terminator T4 on my 338 lapua it really tames it down well

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.