Feeding problem with RUM

mhiltz

I have a 7mm RUM in a Rem Sendero II. I have problems feeding the 2nd and 3rd round. I was wondering if any one else that shoots the same round, or a 300 RUM has the same problem?

The spring that Remington puts in the magazine just doesn't seem to work because the cartridges are just too long for that design, it really binds them up. I have found a solution for now that works very good, the scissor spring from my 338WM Browning A bolt. The only problem is, when you open the mag door, the spring assembly along with the cartridges fall out. Good way to lose a seventy dollar part. I really don't want it to go back to Remington, because I am pretty sure it will get the exact same spring that won't work. Any one else have this problem? If so any remedies?

Thanks

Wyatts extended windowed magazine box will help with that and give you some extra length. They also make one that is a centerfeed which gives you 4" of Magazine length and a different designed follower. All of the Boxes have bendable lips (so does the factory one) manipulate that and it should fix your problem. If the spring is truly too weak to push them up then get a new one

I've been shooting the rums for years in the rem 700. If you want to use the mag, simply load short enough for a few thousanths clearance at the nose when the round is all the way back. The 7 rum has a half inch of freebore so you can barely get some bullets in the case if they are out far enough to hit the lands. Even the wyatt box is useless for that as it only gives you a bit over a tenth of an inch.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.