Feed rail problem

Varmint Hunter

I have a Bordon short, magnum action custom rifle. The rifle was originally built for the 7WSM. I decided to do away with the 7WSM only because of the lack of high-quality brass. I bought a Bartlein carbon barrel and had it chambered for the 6.5PRC. The rifle shoots great but I had a problem when I took the rifle hunting the other day. The feed rails would not hold the slightly skinnier case. Push a case down and it pops back up.

Can this be fixed?
or, will I need to rechamber in a fat 6.5 cartridge. Maybe one of the Sherman cartridges would work.

If you call Jim Borden he might have a different internal magazine box and follower to fix you up. If not you could use a Wyatts center feed box and they would feed through that. If your stock is inlet for M5 bottom metal you can also use the Hawkins hunter bottom metal and detachable magazines.

If you call Jim Borden he might have a different internal magazine box and follower to fix you up. If not you could use a Wyatts center feed box and they would feed through that. If your stock is inlet for M5 bottom metal you can also use the Hawkins hunter bottom metal and detachable magazines.

Thanks for all the helpful ideas. I think I'll start with calling Jim Bordon. đź‘Ť