R700 SA feed rail help

tigerwerkes

I recently acquired a G- code R700 6.5cm (green in pic) from my local range that belonged to a local Smith. It shoots VERY well with factory ammo, but he had it set up with a DBM and i want to swap it to another stock i have with BDL. After tinkering for several hours trying to get it to feed correctly i got out another recent RR code factory sps and noticed the feed rail geometry is drastically different.

I can easily copy the rail geometry from the RR that works, but before i do, can someone enlighten me on the source of the difference?

Do "action only" purchases come from the factory with unfitted rails and since he was running a center feed mag it didn't matter?

I've had dozens of 700's but can't recall ever needing to do this much fitting for a receiver in the same cartridge family.

TIA,

JB

Attachments

• 20230403_195236.jpg
    20230403_195236.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 53
I recently acquired a G- code R700 6.5cm (green in pic) from my local range that belonged to a local Smith. It shoots VERY well with factory ammo, but he had it set up with a DBM and i want to swap it to another stock i have with BDL. After tinkering for several hours trying to get it to feed correctly i got out another recent RR code factory sps and noticed the feed rail geometry is drastically different.

I can easily copy the rail geometry from the RR that works, but before i do, can someone enlighten me on the source of the difference?

Do "action only" purchases come from the factory with unfitted rails and since he was running a center feed mag it didn't matter?

I've had dozens of 700's but can't recall ever needing to do this much fitting for a receiver in the same cartridge family.

TIA,

JB
if you can't tell in the photo, the recent RR in black has a bevel for the full length of the opening and the G in green only has a bevel around the release zone, which is also a much shorter area.