Feds to try a different approach

MtPockets

According to this Outdoor Life article, the Feds are going to hire a mediator to try and bridge the gap between the different wolf groups.

Interesting article, but I have to say I'm more than just a bit skeptical.

They want us to hold hands and sing Kumbaya with those who want to destroy our very lifestyle.

That same group has proven several times over the years that they are completely and absolutely untrustworthy as they have continually moved the goalposts- not just on wolves but also on other species such as Grizzlies- since the reinfestation was thrown on us in 1995.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it succeed, but color me VERY skeptical.

In spite of video of a wolverine walking the streets in Oregon, they think transplants elsewhere is needed. Mainly to forward trapping bans to protect the wolf.

Our starting position should be elimination of the Endangered Species Act. Theirs is a ban on hunting and trapping.

Find middle ground out of that.

Mostly funded by foreign interests. Those working for a living don't have the resources to spend their life going to protests at meetings.

Game is rigged.

In spite of video of a wolverine walking the streets in Oregon, they think transplants elsewhere is needed. Mainly to forward trapping bans to protect the wolf.

Our starting position should be elimination of the Endangered Species Act. Theirs is a ban on hunting and trapping.

Find middle ground out of that.

Mostly funded by foreign interests. Those working for a living don't have the resources to spend their life going to protests at meetings.

Game is rigged.
I 100% agree.

Especially about eliminating the ESA.

The original intention was solid but their weaponizing of that document to further their agenda means that unfortunately it needs to go.

One thing I do need to point out is that although I am extremely skeptical, I WILL be joining the conversation and I encourage everyone else to participate as well.
If our side is not part of the conversation, we can't bitch when it's only the other side that is heard.

Registration began today and continues tomorrow, along with other dates that are listed- and the necessary links- in the article.

One thing I do need to point out is that although I am extremely skeptical, I WILL be joining the conversation and I encourage everyone else to participate as well.
If our side is not part of the conversation, we can't bitch when it's only the other side that is heard.

Registration began today and continues tomorrow, along with other dates that are listed- and the necessary links- in the article.
This is key. We all like to bitch about the system but tend to be reclusive and not go try to fight the issues. The side that shows up is the side that wins, and if hunters don't turn up to plead their case, there's no chance for a win.

This is key. We all like to bitch about the system but tend to be reclusive and not go try to fight the issues. The side that shows up is the side that wins, and if hunters don't turn up to plead their case, there's no chance for a win.
Truth! I would add we've been pretty naive. We expected the American Model of conservation to prevail. Instead our resources have in some cases turned against us, or at best not mentioned by those managing those funds.

Its time to take those $$$$ like the Arizona mule deer tag ($750,000) apply it to legal fees, paid protestors, and predator control for our benefit.

437146625_122139106154179131_7969271261717517828_n.jpg

Same play book different page. Likely either the end, or nearly so. We've compromised ourselves out of our sport.

I'm all for wolf reintroduction.... but only in specific localized areas. Here's a list I started where I think we could benefit the most. Feel free to add to it.

Seattle
Los Angeles
Portland
Denver

I would really want to focus around the downtown areas.

Ken
You forgot Washington DC,Maryland, Delaware, etc.

If they had put them in Yosemite instead of Yellowstone this would be a different discussion. The advantage of all those electoral votes etc.

They could have eaten every llama on the left coast by now. It would raise awareness for sure.

Easier to blame tweakers for missing pets, than urban predators.