Comment Period for MT 313 and 316 Quota Changes Fast Approaching!

The shoulder season is a joke! They want the elk numbers reduced but trying to organize a place to go kill a cow elk is a nightmare.
Unless you have $500 for the land owner!
As previously stated it is all a scam to generate money any silly way possible, with zero regard to real wildlife management.

Local paper today,Neil Anderson-wolf populations are able to sustain additional harvest.Reg. 1 manager.The proposal to expand wolf hunting got 1000 comments prior.Some said comment period set to close to time for more comments,One woman said wolfs are valued intrinsically as wildlife,with the Bear Creek Council

O.K if I'm correct Neil is the head Biologist here in region 1, and he says we can take more wolves then why didnt they expand opportunity. Oh wait I know POLITICS.

Yes and at local meeting several of us said there isnt even enough game to have some seasons here.Im not even going to hunt region one anymore,like everyone else I know

Yes I can see the political pressure over at yellowstone.But not over here,they had already hear at the wolf meeting before this a large out cry. Thats why they kinda try to cut down the topic.BUT,its not going away.

IT's not going away, but WE are.
That's what I can't understand- they HAVE to know that with reduced herds, hunter numbers will also go down?! Right?! Where do they expect their paychecks are going to come from?

And as far as political pressure, are the few hundred wolf huggers really that much louder than the tens of THOUSAND hunters? What's up with THAT?

Or are the wolf lovers that well funded that they are lining the politicians' pockets?

Idk...I just don't get it.

When they had a wolf meeting in Trout creek it was almost a riot.Thers about a ten guides working out of that area

Pockets I think you are right on both points.
These liberal wolf loving, tree hugging, grizzly bear hugging people are like a Energizer bunny they dont go away just keep at it untill they get what they want.

Mark my words there gonna try and get the anti- trapping on the ballot again soon even though it went down 78%

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.