Federal Fusion Components / Newly available bullets for reloading

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Hey All,
If anyone has come to like the off the shelf Fusion ammo, they now offer the bullets for reloading in many good calibers and weights. I just tried the 150gn 30cal offering in my Tikka T3 in .308. Excellent performance, using my same 46.2gn charge weight of Varget, used for my Hornady GMX load. I think the nature of how they electroplate the copper onto the core is a way to differentiate these bullets from others. cheers

Cool, thanks for letting us know. I'm glad federal finally started making more of their bullets available to us handloaders. Trophy bonded tips, edge tlrs, and now fusions. What's left, just the trophy coppers now? The trophy copper is not just a Barnes ttsx or any other bullet with a different coloured tip. It is it's own thing.

Cool, thanks for letting us know. I'm glad federal finally started making more of their bullets available to us handloaders. Trophy bonded tips, edge tlrs, and now fusions. What's left, just the trophy coppers now? The trophy copper is not just a Barnes ttsx or any other bullet with a different coloured tip. It is it's own thing.

I've only found the Fusion bullets at Brownell's so far.
I wished the trophy bonded bear claw as still available. I can dial in the trophy bonded tips ok but it acts differently from the TBBC, IMO.

I had great luck with Fed Fusions in my 270 years ago. Myself and 3 of my sons all shot them.We probably killed 15 deer and only one went 30' the rest DRT
Back when I shot factory ammo I did find the fusion ammo to be very accurate in my 270, 150 grain. But it was loaded pretty weak compared to Winchester power points or federal blue box even, they chronographed only 2700 FPS or so.
I've found that among the big brands of factory loaded ammo almost always federal is much, much more accurate than the others, and Winchester is loaded hotter, and Remington is a waste of money, but that's just my very limited experience.

My Dad bought a box of Federal Fusion 160gr bullets to load in his 7mm Rem Mag for hunting close range in the woods. They shot under 1" in his factory rifle with the first load and seat length we tried. That's good enough for shooting under 100 yards in the thick woods. I'm looking forward to how they do on a deer this season.

My Dad bought a box of Federal Fusion 160gr bullets to load in his 7mm Rem Mag for hunting close range in the woods. They shot under 1" in his factory rifle with the first load and seat length we tried. That's good enough for shooting under 100 yards in the thick woods. I'm looking forward to how they do on a deer this season.
Love when that happens. Had the same thing happen last hunting season with 180 Nosler ballistic tips in my .300 win. Seated them "so they looked right" and loaded a grain under book max with 7977. Ended up being a very light load, more like a red hot 30-06 than a true .300 win mag, but with no additional work they were under an inch as well.

Love when that happens. Had the same thing happen last hunting season with 180 Nosler ballistic tips in my .300 win. Seated them "so they looked right" and loaded a grain under book max with 7977. Ended up being a very light load, more like a red hot 30-06 than a true .300 win mag, but with no additional work they were under an inch as well.
It's always great when that happens. His long range load is a 162gr ELD with 68.8gr of RL26 seated 0.050 off the lands. This load shoots consistent 1/2 MOA in his factory Remington 700. We tried 68.0gr and 0.050 off the lands with the Fusions and that worked good enough for them haha. It's a very mild load by the looks of his primers. It also hits within 1/2" of point of aim with his other load at 100 yards. They look great so far!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.