Federal Brass for 300 WSM

Bang4theBuck

I've not really used federal brass much, but I have a 300 WSM hunting gun to develop a load for and have access to some cheap federal Fusion ammo to do break-in with, and then use for loading. I'll only be looking to get 3 or 4 reloads out of the brass, and I am prepared to volume sort and turn necks to eek out what I need from them. Am I asking for trouble, or do you think it might work out decently?
Again, question is specific to this cartridge.

Federal brass is known to be softer than others-- with that I will also say o have never used federal wsm brass for more than just factory ammo shot 1x

Alliant powders uses federal brass and they publish what they use ,bullet , primer etc, heck it's better then nothing rite. No need to run the hottest reloads in any cartridge ,common sence , cheers .

I had several boxes of once fired federal premium brass out of my sako 75. They are on their 5th reload with no lost brass yet. Shooting 180 Nosler @ 3030 fps. I anealed then before my first reload since then I have not. Gun shoots 3/4 moa all day long to 400 and I am happy with the brass and set up for such a light rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.